The global wood furniture market size reached US$ 262.24 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 358.31 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.12% during 2023-2028. The escalating demand for wood furniture materials in residential applications, growing need for compact and multi-functional furniture to maximize space utilization in smaller apartments, and increasing awareness regarding the environmental issues represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Wood furniture is a type of furniture primarily crafted from wood, either in its natural form or processed. This encompasses single wood type, such as oak or mahogany, as well as composite wood furniture made by a combination of wood with other materials, such as plywood, MDF, or particleboard. Wood furniture is characterized by a natural warmth and texture, enhanced durability and longevity. Wood furniture can be crafted into a diverse range of styles and designs, and finished using a wide array of stains, paints, and other treatments to create a range of looks while simultaneously shielding the wood from wear and tear. Wood furniture can be used in residential, commercial, and institutional settings as it is customized to suit a variety of needs and preferences. Some of the advantages offered by wood furniture include natural beauty, easy maintenance and repair, minimal wear and tear due to aging, and sustainability as a renewable resource compared to other materials.
Wood Furniture Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the escalating demand for wood furniture materials in residential applications. This can be attributed to the growing need for compact and multi-functional furniture to maximize space utilization in smaller homes or apartments. In line with this, the increasing awareness regarding various environmental issues among the masses is resulting in an increasing demand for renewable and eco-friendly wood furniture. Moreover, an enhanced focus on interior design aesthetics is also propelling the demand for rustic, vintage or futuristic-designed wooden furniture, which is impacting the market positively. The market is further fueled by the proliferation of e-commerce and online sales channels, thereby offering a diverse range of wood furniture options to a larger customer base. Apart from this, the shifting consumer preference toward the adoption of natural and authentic furniture materials is also creating a positive outlook for the market. Also, the growing number of customization and personalization options offered by furniture manufacturers are driving the demand for wood furniture as consumers look for furniture that adds a personalized touch to their homes. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, considerable growth in the hospitality and commercial sectors, emerging trend of do-it yourself (DIY) and no-assemble furniture trends, continual technological advancements in wood furniture manufacturing processes, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global wood furniture market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on wood type, distribution channel, and end user.
Wood Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the wood furniture market based on the wood type. This includes hardwood and softwood. According to the report, hardwood represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Mass Market Player
- Furniture Stores
- Monobrand Furniture Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the wood furniture market based on the distribution channel. This includes retail (mass market player, furniture stores, and monobrand furniture stores) and online. According to the report, retail represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the wood furniture market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes residential and commercial. According to the report, residential accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for wood furniture. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific wood furniture market included the inflating disposable income levels, growing need for compact and multi-functional furniture, presence of several key players, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global wood furniture market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Ashley Furniture Industries Inc., Haworth Inc., Herman Miller Inc., HNI Corporation, Inter IKEA Systems B.V., Kinnarps AB, Klaussner Home Furnishing, KOKUYO Co. Ltd., La-Z-Boy Incorporated, Okamura Corporation, Steelcase Inc., Williams-Sonoma Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Wood Types Covered
|Distribution Channels Covered
- Retail: Mass Market Player, Furniture Stores, Monobrand Furniture Stores
|End Users Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ashley Furniture Industries Inc., Haworth Inc., Herman Miller Inc., HNI Corporation, Inter IKEA Systems B.V., Kinnarps AB, Klaussner Home Furnishing, KOKUYO Co. Ltd., La-Z-Boy Incorporated, Okamura Corporation, Steelcase Inc., Williams-Sonoma Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global wood furniture market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global wood furniture market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global wood furniture market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive wood furniture market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the wood type?
- Which is the most attractive wood type in the wood furniture market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the wood furniture market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the wood furniture market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global wood furniture market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global wood furniture market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the wood furniture market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global wood furniture market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the wood furniture industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.