Cigarettes currently represent one of the most popular forms of tobacco, accounting for nearly 90% of the global tobacco sales value. Cigarettes derived their name from the French word “cigarette” which means a small cigar. The global cigarette market today represents a multi-billion dollar market and according to IMARC group, its total revenues reached values worth US$ 788 Billion in 2015, representing a CAGR of around 7% during 2008-2015. Despite falling volumes in developed markets as a result of an increasing awareness on the harmful effects of cigarette smoking, manufacturers have been able to increase value growth. Factors driving the cigarette market include a continuous increase in the prices of cigarettes and an increasing popularity of premium products. Another major factor driving the growth is the rising consumption of cigarettes in developing countries. Although there has been a slight decline in the prevalence of smoking in China and other highly populated developing countries such as India, raw population growth has been continuously driving the number of smokers in these regions.
IMARC’s latest study “Cigarette Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” has segmented the market on the basis of key regions. Currently, Asia pacific is the largest market for cigarettes accounting for more than 60% of the total global consumption. Asia Pacific is followed by Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Middle East and Africa, North America, Latin America and Australia. The report has also provided a detailed competitive analysis of the global cigarette market. Some of the major players analysed in this market include China National Tobacco Corporation, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco, Japan Tobacco International and Imperial Tobacco.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a cigarette manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the cigarette industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the cigarette market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
• What are the key success and risk factors in the cigarette industry?
• How has the cigarette market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
• What is the structure of the cigarette industry and who are the key players?
• What are the various unit operations involved in a cigarette plant?
• What is the total size of land required for setting up a cigarette plant?
• What are the machinery requirements for setting up a cigarette plant?
• What are the raw material requirements and composition for setting up a cigarette plant?
• What are the utility requirements for setting up a cigarette plant?
• What are the manpower requirements for setting up a cigarette plant?
• What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a cigarette plant?
• What are the capital costs for setting up a cigarette plant?
• What are the operating costs for setting up a cigarette plant?
• What should be the pricing mechanism of cigarettes?
• What will be the income and expenditures for a cigarette plant?
• What is the time required to break-even?