UHT (Ultra-high temperature) Milk refers to the sterilized milk which has been subjected to thermal treatment. The Ultra-high temperature processing kills the spores and germs present in the milk but preserves the essential vitamins and nutrients. It is heated beyond the temperature of 135 degrees Celsius (275 degrees Fahrenheit) for 1 or 2 seconds which helps in increasing the shelf life of milk without adding any preservatives. UHT milk is aseptically packed which makes it ready for consumption directly from the carton without any need of boiling. It can be stored at room temperature and thus have minimal requirement of refrigeration and cold chains. As a result of these factors, UHT milk market is witnessing strong growth in both developed and developing regions. UHT milk has also penetrated the non-fridge households and the regions where milk availability is scarce. According the IMARC Group, the global UHT milk market has grown at a CAGR of 5.7% during 2009-2016, reaching volume of around 94.9 Billion Litres in 2016.
IMARC’s latest report “UHT Milk Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a UHT milk processing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the UHT milk market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc.
The report has segmented the UHT milk market on the basis of types of milk consumed by people. They include loose, powder, chilled and UHT. On the basis of regions, Western Europe represents the world’s largest consumer of UHT milk, followed by Asia, North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa and others. The key players covered in this report are Nestle, Danone, Lactalis, Fonterra, FrieslandCampina, Dairy Farmers of America, Arla Foods, Saputo, Dean Foods and Yili.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the UHT milk market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global UHT milk industry?
- What are the price trends of an UHT milk?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the UHT milk industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the UHT milk industry?
- What is the structure of the UHT milk industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the UHT milk industry?
- What are the profit margins in the UHT milk industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- How is UHT milk manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an UHT milk plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an UHT milk plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an UHT milk plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an UHT milk plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for UHT milk?
- What are the transportation requirements for UHT milk?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an UHT milk plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an UHT milk plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up an UHT milk plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an UHT milk plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up an UHT milk plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for an UHT milk plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?