The global 3D printing in healthcare market size reached US$
2.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$
6.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of
15.1% during 2023-2028.
Three-dimensional (3D) printing is employed in the healthcare sector to develop new surgical cutting, drill guides and prosthetics and create patient-specific replicas of bones, organs and blood vessels. It is used to make living human cells or tissue in regenerative medicine and tissue engineering. It assists in the customization and personalization of medical products, drugs and equipment. It also aids in reducing the operative risks involved during complex procedures, minimizes susceptibility to infections, and decreases the duration of anesthesia exposure. Besides this, it helps save time, reduces costs, and ensures faster and effective delivery of medical services. As a result, 3D printing is gaining immense traction in the healthcare industry across the globe.
3D Printing in Healthcare Market Trends:
The growing global geriatric population and the rising prevalence of chronic medical disorders, such as cancer and respiratory and cardiovascular disorders (CVDs), represent one of the key factors positively influencing the market. This, along with the rising requirement for regenerative medicines, stem cell solutions, and cancer therapeutics, is creating a positive market outlook. 3D printing finds extensive applications in liver modeling and the development of tissue, bone, and medical implants. In line with this, a significant rise in pharmaceutical applications and the availability of bioprinting tissues and organs are offering a favorable market outlook. Moreover, the rising focus of manufacturers on marketing strategies and promotional campaigns is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, technological advancements in 3D printing, customization, and personalization are strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, increasing investments by leading market players in research and development (R&D) activities for the advancement of 3D printers are anticipated to propel the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global 3D printing in healthcare market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on material, technology, application and end user.
Breakup by Material:
Breakup by Technology:
- Droplet Deposition
- Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) Technology
- Low-temperature Deposition Manufacturing (LDM)
- Multiphase Jet Solidification (MJS)
- Stereolithography (SLA)
- Continuous Liquid Interface Production (CLIP)
- Two-photon Polymerization (2PP)
- Laser Beam Melting
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- Electronic Beam Melting (EBM)
- Laminated Object Manufacturing
Breakup by Application:
- External Wearable Devices
- Hearing Aids
- Prosthesis and Orthotics
- Dental Products
- Clinical Study Devices
- Drug Testing
- Anatomical Models
- Surgical Guides
- Cranio-maxillofacial Implants
- Orthopedic Implants
- Tissue Engineering
Breakup by End User:
- Medical and Surgical Centers
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Academic Institutions
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being 3D Systems Inc., Desktop Metal Inc., EOS GmbH, Formlabs, Materialise NV, Organovo Holding Inc., Oxford Performance Materials Inc., Prodways Tech, Proto Labs Inc., Renishaw plc, SLM Solutions Group AG and Stratasys Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Material, Technology, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3D Systems Inc., Desktop Metal Inc., EOS GmbH, Formlabs, Materialise NV, Organovo Holding Inc., Oxford Performance Materials Inc., Prodways Tech, Proto Labs Inc., Renishaw plc, SLM Solutions Group AG and Stratasys Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global 3D printing in healthcare market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global 3D printing in healthcare market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global 3D printing in healthcare market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?