According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Australia Organic Farming Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the Australia organic farming market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Organic farming is an agricultural system that involves growing and nurturing crops with the usage of biological fertilizers and pesticides that are commonly derived from plant and animal wastes. These products are mostly free from chemicals, genetically modified organisms (GMO) and growth regulators. The utilization of these farming techniques aids in improving soil fertility and reducing soil erosion. They also help in minimizing greenhouse gas emission, pollution and soil toxicity while enhancing the overall yield quality. Organic farming is gaining widespread prominence as the foods obtained from these farming methods are a rich source of minerals, vitamins, enzymes and other micro-nutrients.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Australia Organic Farming Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising awareness regarding the health benefits associated with consuming organic foods across Australia. Along with the growing concerns regarding the high prevalence of chronic lifestyle diseases among the masses, there has been a considerable shift towards incorporating organic fruits and vegetables in their regular diets. This is further supported by rapid urbanization and the inflating per capita income levels. Moreover, numerous governing bodies across Australia are now undertaking initiatives to implement new food safety standards to ensure improved health and wellness of their citizens. This has encouraged farmers to reduce the usage of synthetic chemicals and make a shift towards organic farming practices, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, the Organic Federation of Australia is also promoting sustainable cultivation of organic crops among farmers by introducing favorable financial aids, support policies, and awareness programs. Coupled with the extensive research and development (R&D) activities for the launch of innovative farming techniques, this is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to witness strong growth during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into pure and integrated organic farming.
- Based on the product, the market has been divided into fruits, vegetables, cereals and grains, and others.
- On the basis of the method, the market has been classified into crop rotation, polyculture, mulching, soil management, weed management, composting and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been bifurcated into agriculture companies and organic farms.
- On the basis of the territory, the market has bee segmented into Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and the rest of Australia.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report with some of the key players being BASF SE, Bauer's Organic Farm Pty Ltd, Bayer Cropscience Pty Ltd (Bayer AG), Best Environmental Technologies Pty Ltd, BIOAG Pty Ltd, Fertoz Agriculture Pty Ltd, Grassdale Fertilisers Pty Ltd, Mapleton Agri Biotec Pty Ltd, Solvay S.A. and Sustainable Farming Solutions Pty Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800