PET bottles are bottles made-up of a plastic resin chemically known as polyethylene terephthalate. Due to some inherent properties of PET resin, these bottles are transparent, light-weight, high in strength and impermeable to carbon dioxide. Unlike other plastic containers that use PP or HDPE or PVC, PET bottles are translucent, leave no residues and can be easily recycled. Primarily used in the packaging of water and beverages, PET bottles are also gaining prominence in other industries like - juices, salad dressings, household cleaners, medicines, dish detergents, mouthwashes, etc. Being light in weight and easy to handle, they are preferred in the packaging of carbonated soft drinks (CSD’s) and are continuously replacing glass bottles which tend to break and are not user friendly. With an increasing demand for bottled beverages and replacements of glass and metal containers, the demand for PET bottles is currently rising at a healthy pace. According to IMARC Group, the global PET bottle market reached a volume of 17.1 Million Tons in 2017, growing at a CAGR of around 2.2% during 2010-2017.
IMARC’s latest study “PET Bottle Market – Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023” provides a detailed insight into the global PET bottle market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of end-use and region. Currently, packaged water represents the largest end-use market for PET bottles accounting for more than one-third of the total global consumption. Packaged water is followed by carbonated soft drinks/CSD, food bottles & jars, non-food bottles & jars, fruit juice and beer. Regionally, the Asia-Pacific region represents the largest PET bottle market and accounts for around 32% of the total global PET bottle sales. The Asia-Pacific region is followed by North America and Europe.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a PET bottle manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the PET bottle industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the PET bottle market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the pet bottle market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global pet bottle industry?
- Which are the key end-use industries for the global pet bottle industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the pet bottle industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the pet bottle industry?
- What is the structure of the pet bottle industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the pet bottle industry?
- What are the profit margins in the pet bottles industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a rice pet bottle plant?
- How is pet bottle manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a pet bottle plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a pet bottle plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a pet bottle plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a pet bottle plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for pet bottle?
- What are the transportation requirements for pet bottle?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a pet bottle plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a pet bottle rice plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a pet bottle plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a pet bottle plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a pet bottle plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a pet bottle plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?