The global accelerator pedal module market reached a volume of around 369 Million Units in 2019. Accelerator pedals are a component of accelerators that are used to regulate the supply of fuel into the combustion chamber. They are ready-to-install units consisting of pedal-travel sensor, and idle and full-load stops. They use sensors to detect the amount of pedal depression and transfer the signal to the engine control unit (ECU). The pedal travel sensor also records the movement and position of the accelerator pedal. The ECU uses this information to calculate the required torque and addresses the throttle device and the injection system. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
Global Accelerator Pedal Module Market Drivers:
- The earlier versions of these module were mostly made of metal and covered with rubber which not only made them heavy but also increased the possibility of corrosion. Nowadays, manufacturers are focusing on developing lightweight components for vehicles owing to the stringent government rules to meet emission standards. The advancements in material development technology have further led to the production of accelerator pedals from polyamide 6 which is lightweight and cost effective in nature.
- The developed regions such as North America and Europe have a concentration of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers which have access to more developed equipment, strong R&D capabilities and modern technical expertise. As a result, mechanical accelerators have been completely replaced by electronic accelerator pedals in these regions. Additionaly, the increasing use of sensor-based accelerators is expected to be a major driving factor for the growth of the market.
- With the rapid development and industrialization in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, the automotive industry has been experiencing healthy growth. The increasing demand for automotive accelerator pedal modules for the manufacturing of passenger cars and commercial vehicles in these regions is providing a positive thrust to the growth of the overall market.
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
- Breakup by Pedal Material:
- Breakup by Pedal Type:
- Breakup by Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Breakup by End-User:
- Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Bosch, Denso, ZF, HELLA, United Automotive Electronic Systems, F-TECH, Aisan Industry, Yorozu, Pacific Industrial, Mikuni, Kyung Chang Industrial, TT Electronics, Alfmeier Praezision, Aida Manufacture, AKITA KOGYO, Bellsonica, Chiyoda Industries, Chiyoda Kogyo Kyushu, Daiichi Kogyo, Hanya Seisakusho, Kuroda Kagaku, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global accelerator pedal module market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global accelerator pedal module industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global accelerator pedal module industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the pedal material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the pedal type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global accelerator pedal module industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global accelerator pedal module industry?
- What is the structure of the global accelerator pedal module industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global accelerator pedal module industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global accelerator pedal module industry?