The global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market size reached US$ 3.91 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.92 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.80% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for fuel-efficient solutions to minimize fuel consumption, increasing development of electric aircraft to reduce carbon emissions, and rising requirement for additional power in aircraft represent some of the key factors driving the market.
An aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) is a device that provides electrical power to the electrical systems on an aircraft. It relies on the aircraft battery to operate and is generally located in the tail cone, engine nacelle, or wheel well in different aircraft types. It allows an aircraft to operate autonomously without the need for ground support equipment, such as a ground power unit, an external air-conditioning unit, or a high-pressure air start cart. It aids in offering pneumatic energy until the aircraft reaches a certain height. Besides this, it assists in providing reliable performance and reducing fuel consumption and maintenance costs of aircraft. As it is beneficial in emergency situations like engine failure to provide electrical power, the demand for aerospace and military APU is rising across the globe.
Aerospace and Military Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) Market Trends:
At present, the rising demand for APUs due to the inflating income levels and consequently increasing number of people traveling to different places represents one of the primary factors contributing to the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing utilization of APUs in the electric aircraft to reduce carbon emissions is offering a favorable market outlook. Additionally, their rising adoption for additional power in aircraft is impelling the growth of the market. Besides this, the growing employment of APUs in aircraft due to the increasing number of cargo operations that carry goods efficiently from one place to another is positively influencing the market. In addition, the rising need to reduce fuel consumption in the aerospace and military sector is bolstering the growth of the market. Moreover, the increasing deployment of APUs in military aviation due to the rising defense expenditure, along with the upgradation of old military aircraft, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry players. In line with this, the increasing demand for military aircraft on account of the rising number of terrorist activities around the world is supporting the market growth. Furthermore, key players are introducing low-noise APUs for silent military operations and reducing noise pollution, which is strengthening the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on application.
- Commercial Aircraft
- Narrow Body Aircraft
- Very Large Aircraft
- Wide Body Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
- Fighter Jet
- Unmanned Aerial Aircraft
- Military Land Vehicle
- Armored Vehicles
- Main Battle Tank
- Rotary Copter
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market based on the application. This includes commercial aircraft (narrow body aircraft, very large aircraft, and wide body aircraft); military aircraft (fighter jet and unmanned aerial aircraft); military land vehicle (armored vehicles and main battle tank); and rotary copter (civil and military). According to the report, commercial aircraft represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU). Some of the factors driving the North America aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market included the growing demand for low noise aircraft, rising adoption of advanced solutions for military applications, increasing presence of aircraft manufacturers, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Elbit Systems Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Marvin Engineering Co. Inc., Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Safran S.A., The Dewey Electronics Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Commercial Aircraft: Narrow Body Aircraft, Very Large Aircraft, Wide Body Aircraft
- Military Aircraft: Fighter Jet, Unmanned Aerial Aircraft
- Military Land Vehicle: Armored Vehicles, Main Battle Tank
- Rotary Copter: Civil, Military
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Elbit Systems Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Marvin Engineering Co. Inc., Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Safran S.A., The Dewey Electronics Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the aerospace and military auxiliary power unit (APU) industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.