The global aesthetic thread market size reached US$ 296.62 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 469.16 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.00% during 2023-2028. The augmenting demand for minimally invasive aesthetic procedures, shifting consumer preference from expensive surgeries to comparatively inexpensive non-surgical alternatives, and the growing geriatric population seeking to address signs of aging represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Aesthetic threads, also known as suspension threads, refer to a class of medical sutures that are utilized in cosmetic procedures to lift and rejuvenate skin. These threads are inserted underneath the skin using a needle or cannula to emulate a lifting effect and trigger collagen production. Aesthetic threads, including absorbable or non-absorbable sutures, are typically made of biocompatible materials such as polydioxanone (PDO), poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), or polypropylene. Aesthetic threads come in various forms, such as smooth mono threads, barbed or notched cog threads, or spiral threads, which anchor into the tissues to pull and lift the skin. As a result, these threads are extensively used in the face, neck, and other body parts, depending on the treatment goals. Some of the advantages of aesthetic thread include less invasive alternative to surgical facelifts, reduced risks and downtime, natural-looking and subtle skin enhancements, minimal scarring or visible marks, and long-term benefits.
Aesthetic Thread Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the augmenting demand for minimally invasive aesthetic procedures. This can be attributed to the shifting consumer preference from expensive traditional facelift surgeries to comparatively inexpensive non-surgical alternatives. With the growing geriatric population, there is an increased demand for aesthetic procedures to address signs of aging, thereby resulting in a higher product uptake. Moreover, continual technological advancements in thread materials, such as absorbable sutures, offering safer and longer-lasting results are providing an impetus to the market. Also, the increasing preference for natural-looking results among individuals influencing the market positively. Additionally, inflating disposable income of the consumers, particularly in emerging economies, is leading to higher affordability for aesthetic treatments, which is creating lucrative opportunities in the market. In line with this, the emerging trend of aesthetic tourism, resulting in the higher popularity of aesthetic thread procedures in countries offering aesthetic thread treatments at competitive prices, is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the growing availability of trained professionals, including plastic surgeons and dermatologists on the global level is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, increasing influence of social media and prevalent beauty standards, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global aesthetic thread market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and application.
- Suspension Thread
- Rejuvenating Thread
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the aesthetic thread market based on the product. This includes suspension thread and rejuvenating thread. According to the report, suspension thread represented the largest segment.
- Facelift/Skin Rejuvenation
A detailed breakup and analysis of the aesthetic thread market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes facelift/skin rejuvenation and ptosis. According to the report, facelift/skin rejuvenation accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for aesthetic thread. Some of the factors driving the North America aesthetic thread market included continual technological advancements in non-invasive procedures, expanding healthcare expenditure, growing geriatric population, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global aesthetic thread market. The detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Aptos LLC, Croma-Pharma GmbH, Intraline, Medical Aesthetic Group, Menarini Group, Metro Korea Co. Ltd., N-Finders, OXXOT S.r.l., Sinclair Pharma PLC (Huadong Medicine Co. Ltd.), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Suspension Thread, Rejuvenating Thread
||Facelift/Skin Rejuvenation, Ptosis
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aptos LLC, Croma-Pharma GmbH, Intraline, Medical Aesthetic Group, Menarini Group, Metro Korea Co. Ltd., N-Finders, OXXOT S.r.l., Sinclair Pharma PLC (Huadong Medicine Co. Ltd.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global aesthetic thread market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global aesthetic thread market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global aesthetic thread market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive aesthetic thread market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the aesthetic thread market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the aesthetic thread market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global aesthetic thread market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global aesthetic thread market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the aesthetic thread market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global aesthetic thread market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the aesthetic thread industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.