The global aircraft sensors market size reached US$ 4.4 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.50% during 2023-2028. The increasing aircraft accidents, rising number of air passengers, and the growing incidences of cross-border terrorist activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Aircraft sensors comprise environmental, navigation, engine, flight control, structural and obstacle sensors. They are devices installed on aircraft to gather information about the surroundings, internal systems, and the environment of an aircraft. They provide real-time information to the onboard systems of the aircraft that allow quick and accurate responses to change conditions; improve safety, performance, and efficiency; and enhance the overall flight operations. They also help in optimizing flight paths, reducing fuel consumption and lowering operating costs. At present, the rising use of drones is catalyzing the demand for aircraft sensors that can provide accurate information about their surroundings and improve safety and performance across the globe.
Aircraft Sensors Market Trends:
Significant growth in the aviation sector, increasing instances of aircraft accidents, and the rising commercial air traffic are among the majors driving the demand for aircraft sensors around the world. Moreover, the growing number of air passengers worldwide and the increasing focus on improving the safety and performance of aircraft are influencing the market positively. In addition, the rising adoption of aircraft sensors for in-flight entertainment, monitoring aircraft performance and ensuring smooth operations is favoring the growth of the market. Apart from this, there is a rise in the need for advanced security and surveillance systems worldwide and an increase in investments by governing agencies of numerous countries on advanced aircraft sensors to protect citizens from internal and external threats. This, along with the growing incidences of cross-border terrorist activities, drug trafficking, and illegal trespassing and increasing funds in the defense and military industries, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, there is a rise in the integration of big data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and the internet of things (IoT) in aircraft sensors to provide more accurate and efficient data processing and analysis. These advanced technologies also enable the exchange of data between sensors and improve the accuracy and reliability of sensor readings. This, coupled with the incorporation of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology in aircraft sensors as they are small, low-power, highly reliable, and offer accurate and reliable measurements, is propelling the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global aircraft sensors market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on aircraft type, sensor type, connectivity, application, and end use.
Aircraft Type Insights:
- Fixed Wings
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the aircraft sensors market based on the aircraft type. This includes fixed wings, rotorcraft, and others. According to the report, fixed wings represented the largest segment.
Sensor Type Insights:
- Proximity Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Optical Sensors
- Pressure Sensors
- Force Sensors
- Flow Sensors
- Radar Sensors
A detailed breakup and analysis of the aircraft sensors market based on the department has also been provided in the report. This includes proximity sensors, temperature sensors, optical sensors, pressure sensors, force sensors, flow sensors, radar sensors, and others. According to the report, temperature sensors accounted for the largest market share.
- Wired Sensors
- Wireless Sensors
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the aircraft sensors market based on the connectivity. This includes wired sensors and wireless sensors. According to the report, wired sensors represented the largest segment.
- Flight Decks
- Landing Gear Systems
- Weapon Systems
- Fuel, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic Systems
- Cabin and Cargo Environmental Controls
- Aerostructures and Flight Control
A detailed breakup and analysis of the aircraft sensors market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes flight decks; landing gear systems, weapon systems; fuel, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems; engine/propulsion; cabin and cargo environmental controls; aerostructures and flight control; and others.
End Use Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the aircraft sensors market based on the end use. This includes OEM and aftermarket. According to the report, OEM represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for aircraft sensors. Some of the factors driving the North America aircraft sensors market included the expansion of aviation sector, rising need for advanced security and surveillance systems, integration of advanced technologies, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global aircraft sensors market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Ametek, Inc., Amphenol Corporation, BAE Systems, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Eaton Corporation, General Atomics Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Parker Meggitt (Parker Hannifin Corporation), Safran Electronics & Defense, TE Connectivity Ltd, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Aircraft Types Covered
||Fixed Wings, Rotorcraft, Others
|Sensor Types Covered
||Proximity Sensors, Temperature Sensors, Optical Sensors, Pressure Sensors, Force Sensors, Flow Sensors, Radar Sensors, Others
||Wired Sensors, Wireless Sensors
||Flight Decks, Landing Gear Systems, Weapon Systems, Fuel, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic Systems, Engine/Propulsion, Cabin and Cargo Environmental Controls, Aerostructures and Flight Control, Others
|End Uses Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ametek, Inc., Amphenol Corporation, BAE Systems, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Eaton Corporation, General Atomics Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Parker Meggitt (Parker Hannifin Corporation), Safran Electronics & Defense, TE Connectivity Ltd, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global aircraft sensors market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global aircraft sensors market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global aircraft sensors market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive aircraft sensors market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the aircraft type?
- Which is the most attractive aircraft type in the aircraft sensors market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sensor type?
- Which is the most attractive sensor type in the aircraft sensors market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the connectivity?
- Which is the most attractive connectivity in the aircraft sensors market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the aircraft sensors market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use?
- Which is the most attractive end use in the aircraft sensors market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global aircraft sensors market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global aircraft sensors market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the aircraft sensors market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global aircraft sensors market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the aircraft sensors industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.