The global all-weather landing system market size reached US$ 1.5 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% during 2023-2028. The increasing air traffic, rising focus on runway safety and widespread product adoption due to the frequently changing environmental conditions represent some of the key factors driving the market.
An all-weather landing system is a precision runway approach that provides precision lateral and vertical guidance signals to aircraft for landing on the runway under conditions or adverse weather conditions. It offers optimum operational capability in low and zero visibility. It consists of an instrument landing system (ILS), microwave landing system (MLS), ground-based augmentation system (GBAS), and various visual components, including approach, runway, and taxiway lighting. All-weather landing system provides horizontal, vertical, course, and altitude guidance to the pilot to execute a precise runway approach to land. It also assists in precision navigation guidance for exact alignment and descent of aircraft on approach to a runway and hence helps pilots in aircraft's landing, such as blind landings.
All-weather Landing System Market Trends:
The increasing air traffic and the constant growth in commercial aircraft movements across the globe are creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the widespread utilization of autopilot landing systems that helps in effective monitoring and measuring of the heading, altitude, airspeed, and distance of aircraft to ensure their safe landing during adverse climatic conditions and low visibility is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the increasing application of all-weather landing systems due to the frequently changing environmental conditions that enhance aircraft safety while takeoff and landing are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of an advanced global positioning system (GPS) that provides radio-based navigation and enables accurate and better-organized airplane approaches that result in quicker travel times with fewer delays is providing an impetus to the market growth. This advanced technology-developed navigation system provides precise location of nearby air traffic, which increases safety and minimizes mid-air collision, which, in turn, is propelling the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product adoption due to the increasing focus on runway safety as airports face critical weather conditions such as dense snow, rain, or fog is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the integration of next-generation en-route automation modernization (ERAM) systems to manage the growing population of air travelers, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, increasing modernization processes at airports, and the implementation of various government initiatives to enhance aviation safety is anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global all-weather landing system market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
- Microwave Landing System (MLS)
- Ground-based Augmentation System (GBAS)
- Instrument Landing System (ILS)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the all-weather landing system market based on the type. This includes microwave landing system (MLS), ground-based augmentation system (GBAS), and instrument landing system (ILS). According to the report, instrument landing system represented the largest segment.
- Commercial Service Airport
- Non-Commercial Service Airport
A detailed breakup and analysis of the all-weather landing system market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes commercial and non-commercial service airports. According to the report, commercial service airports accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for all-weather landing systems. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific all-weather landing system market included increasing modernization processes at airports, constant growth in commercial aircraft movements, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global all-weather landing system market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Advanced Navigation and Positioning Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Indra Sistemas S.A., Leonardo S.p.A., Mopiens Inc., NEC Corporation (AT&T Inc.), Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Systems Interface Limited, Thales Group, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Microwave Landing System (MLS), Ground-based Augmentation System (GBAS), Instrument Landing System (ILS)
||Commercial Service Airport, Non-Commercial Service Airport
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advanced Navigation and Positioning Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Indra Sistemas S.A., Leonardo S.p.A., Mopiens Inc., NEC Corporation (AT&T Inc.), Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Systems Interface Limited, Thales Group, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global all-weather landing system market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global all-weather landing system market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive all-weather landing system markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global all-weather landing system market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global all-weather landing system market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the all-weather landing system market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global all-weather landing system market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the all-weather landing system industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.