The Asia Pacific automotive glass market is currently witnessing steady growth. Automotive glass is employed in the manufacturing of windshields and windows of vehicles as it offers a clear view of the surroundings. Moreover, it exhibits superior aerodynamic features and protects against ultraviolet (UV) rays, rain, sun, dust, wind, and fog.
A significant presence of leading original equipment manufacturers (OEM) in different countries of the Asia Pacific region represents one of the key factors impelling the automotive glass market growth. Additionally, increasing road accidents have increased the utilization of automotive glass in vehicles, which is positively influencing the market. Furthermore, the introduction of head-up display (HUD) and smart glass, which allow windows to dim or tint from transparent to opaque, is positively influencing the market growth. However, the imposition of lockdown restrictions by governing agencies of several countries in the region due to the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has led to a temporary halt in the operations of manufacturing units, which has adversely affected the market growth. The market is expected to recover once lockdown relaxations are introduced. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to continue its moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Asia Pacific automotive glass market report, along with forecasts for growth at the region level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, glass type, material type, vehicle type, application, end-user and technology.
Breakup by Glass Type:
- Laminated Glass
- Tempered Glass
Breakup by Material Type:
- IR PVB
- Metal Coated Glass
- Tinted Glass
Breakup by Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
Breakup by Application:
- Rear Quarter Glass
- Sideview Mirror
- Rearview Mirror
Breakup by End-User:
- Aftermarket Suppliers
Breakup by Technology:
- Active Smart Glass
- Suspended Particle Glass
- Electrochromic Glass
- Liquid Crystal Glass
- Passive Glass
Breakup by Country:
- South Korea
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Asia Pacific automotive glass market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Asia Pacific automotive glass market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the glass type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicles type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Asia Pacific automotive glass market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?