According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Asia Pacific Tropical Fruit Puree Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the Asia Pacific tropical fruit puree market reached a volume of 2.9 Million Tons in 2017. Fruit puree, commonly known as paste or pulp, is prepared by grounding, pressing, sieving, crushing, blending and straining fruits. It is processed until all insoluble fibrous parts of the fruit are broken down, so that it can pass through a fine sieve. For enhancing its shelf-life and decreasing microbiological loading, a fruit puree undergoes the process of pasteurisation. The tropical variant of fruit purees is attained by processing fruits which are grown in the tropical region. They are primarily used in the food-processing industry for the production of juices and nectar. Some of the tropical fruits include guava, mango, papaya, cashew, apple, lychees, jackfruit, sapodilla, passion fruit, etc.
On account of rapid urbanisation and escalating disposable incomes, a shift in the lifestyle of consumers and their eating patterns has been observed in the nations of Asia Pacific. Due to hectic lifestyles, people are adopting affordable, healthy and quick nutritional sources, such as packed fruit juices, infant food, jams, jellies, etc., which are the end-products of a fruit puree. This shift in eating and dietary habits of people has generated a lucrative opportunity for the Asia Pacific tropical fruit puree market. Apart from this, the thriving food and beverage industry largely utilises tropical fruit puree as it is a rich source of nutrients like vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients. Moreover, with the introduction of a large number of different flavours in juices, and the advent of no-preservatives and no-sugar juices, the consumption of fruit juice has increased. Looking forward, the market volume is projected to exceed 3 Million Tons by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of 1.2% during 2018-2023.
- Based on fruit type, the market has been segmented as mango, tomato, banana, guava, papaya, avocado and passion fruit. Currently, mango represents the major fruit type of tropical fruit puree as it is considered the king of fruits owing to its luscious taste and high nutritional content including minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins A and E.
- On the basis of packaging type, bag-in-drum is the largest segment, followed by bag-in-box, bag-in-bin, cans, pouches and others. Bag-in-drum comprises of a pre-sterilised and high-barrier bags which are placed in steel or plastic drums. They are tightly closed in order to eliminate the risk of contamination caused by corrosion, condensation and bacteria in the containers.
- Based on product type, the conventional type of fruit puree exhibits a clear dominance which is followed by organic type. The demand for conventional fruit-based puree can be attributed to its low cost and longer shelf-life as compared to organic products.
- On the basis of application, beverage industry accounts for the biggest segment for the Asia Pacific tropical fruit puree market. It is followed by ice cream and yogurt industry, bakery and snacks industry, infant food industry and others.
- Based on distribution channel, institutional buyers remain the largest distribution channel due to the emergence of cuisine which has altered the eating patterns of the consumers. Institutional buyers are followed by supermarkets and hypermarkets, health food stores, independent retailers, convenience stores and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into China, India, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan, Myanmar, South Korea, Singapore and others. Amongst these, China is the leading market, holding the majority of the market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Cofco Tunhe Tomato Co., Ltd., Chalkis Health Industry Co.,Ltd. Kagome Co., Ltd., Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, Tianjin Sanhe Fruits & Vegetables Co., Ltd., Capricorn Food Products India Limited, Klt Fruits, Inc., Food & Inns Limited, Exotic Fruits Private Limited, Dessert Guru, Myanmar Golden Produce, Agrana Fruits Australia, Agrana Fruit Korea, Fruta Tropical Pty Ltd., PT. Deli Food, Squeeze, Chia Meei International Co, Ltd., Taiwan Green Nation Corp., Mau Lin Food, Co., Ltd., Tien Thinh Agriculture Product Processing Co., Ltd., Nafoods Gropu JSC, MINH VAN FRUIT JSC, VEGETEXCO HO CHI MINH CITY, ASC Co., Ltd., MC FOODS LIMITED, OMO LT Enterprise, Harvestime Malaysia, Alunan Sena Sdn Bhd, China Haohan Group Limited, DALISAY SWEETS, SOLFRUITS INC., Agrinurture, INC., Srichiengmai Industry Co., Ltd., Siam Original Food Company Limited, Dole Thailand Limited, Tropical Fruit Asia Corp., Tropfin Thailand Co., Ltd., CB Juice, and Harvestime.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal