The Australia coffee and tea capsules market size reached US$ 775.5 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,602.4 Million by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.53% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Coffee and tea capsules are innovative single-serve containers with finely ground ingredients of beverage concentrate deposited in their filter. They contain tea leaves, cocoa beans, and milk powder, which are placed in a vending machine to prepare the drink without adding extra ingredients. They are easy to carry and prepare, take minimal brew time, and minimize degradation of functional ingredients like vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, and antioxidants. They also prevent contamination of tea leaves and coffee grounds and protect the filter from tearing. Besides this, they retain the authentic freshness and flavor of the ingredients longer than their ground equivalents. As a result, coffee and tea capsules are gaining immense traction among individuals and are extensively used in homes and commercial places, such as offices, cafes, hotels, and restaurants in Australia. At present, coffee and tea capsules are available in hazelnut, vanilla, chocolate, lemon, rose, peppermint, hibiscus, and mango flavor.
Australia Coffee and Tea Capsules Market Trends:
The increasing working population and hectic and fast-paced schedules of individuals represent one of the key factors positively influencing the market in Australia. In addition, the emerging cafe culture for business and casual meetings and the escalating demand for ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages are driving the sales of coffee and tea capsules in the country. The rising awareness among individuals about the associated health benefits of black, green, and herbal tea capsules and organic coffee capsules is also strengthening the market growth. Apart from this, various cafes and restaurants in the country add tea and coffee to their beverage menu to suit the tastes and preferences of a considerable population in Australia. Additionally, the shifting consumer preference toward premium tea and other beverages in the residential sector to save time and conveniently enjoy the café experience at home is contributing to market growth. The rising influence of social media platforms and the growing trend of food blogging are also supporting the product promotion across the country. Furthermore, product manufacturers are focusing on introducing new flavors at affordable rates to expand their product portfolio and attract a wider consumer base. They are also focusing on introducing biodegradable and environment-friendly product variants to attract consumers seeking easily discarded coffee and tea capsules. Besides this, the expansion of offline distribution channels, such as hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores, and grocery stores, is propelling market growth. In line with this, the increasing consumer reliance on e-commerce platforms for online grocery shopping to get doorstep delivery and exciting offers is driving the market in the country.
The competitive structure of the market has also been analyzed in the report, which is characterized by the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality.
Some of the leading players operating in the coffee capsule market are:
- Nestle Australia Ltd
- Lavazza Australia Pty Limited
- Jacobs Douwe Egberts Professional Australia
- Vittoria Food & Beverage
- Illy Australia
- Mad Coffee Capsules Pty Ltd
- Grinders Coffee
- Carlini Coffee Company
- Coffeecaps Pty Ltd
- Gloria Jean's Coffees Supply Pty Limited
- Map Coffee
- The EcoCaffe Company
- Earth Rules Pty Ltd (Mad Coffee)
On the other hand, some of the leading players operating in the tea capsule market are:
- Tetley (Tata Global Beverages Australia Pty Limited)
- Nestle Australia Ltd.
- Twinings North America, Inc.
- Unilever Australia Supply Services Limited
- The Red Espresso Company (Pty) Ltd.
- Dilmah (Aust.) Pty. Ltd.
- Caffe Bonini (Sigma Coffee PTY LTD)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the coffee market in Australia performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- How has the tea market in Australia performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- How has the milk powder market in Australia performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- How has the coffee capsules market in Australia performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- How has the tea capsules market in Australia performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Australia coffee and tea capsules market?
- What are the export trends of the coffee and tea capsules market in Australia?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- Who are the key players in the industry?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?