The global automatic cell imaging system market size reached US$ 117.1 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 237.1 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.15% during 2024-2032. The surging prevalence of chronic and lifestyle disorders, rising adoption of automated high content screening (HCS) equipment, and the growing number of clinical trials represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 117.1 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 237.1 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
An automatic cell imaging system is a laboratory equipment used to capture and analyze images of cells. It comprises a microscope, camera, and software for image processing and analysis. It is equipped with various features, such as automatic focusing, stage control, and multiplex imaging. It assists in providing high throughput screening, improving the accuracy and repeatability of measurements, and enhancing efficiency in data analysis. It is used for cell counting, tracking, and measuring cell growth and death. It is also utilized for studying the structure and function of bacterial and viral cells and identifying potential targets for new antibiotics and antiviral drugs. At present, the advent of 3D and 4D imaging technologies in automatic cell imaging systems that enables a more accurate representation of the structural and functional characteristics of cells is catalyzing the demand for automatic cell imaging system across the globe.
Automatic Cell Imaging System Market Trends:
The surging prevalence of chronic and lifestyle disorders, such as cancer, diabetes, hypertension, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s, represents one of the major factors driving the demand for automatic cell imaging systems around the world. Moreover, the increasing geriatric population, which is susceptible to these ailments, is favoring the market growth. In addition, the rising preference for personalized medicines and new generation drugs and formulations is bolstering the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing adoption of automated high content screening (HCS) equipment to analyze cell separation and scalability and improve the visualization capabilities of the screening systems is influencing the market positively. Furthermore, there is a rise in the advent of automated image analysis that analyze images and extract information like cell shape, size, location, and the presence of specific structures or markers within cells. This, coupled with the increasing integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in automatic cell imaging systems, is favoring the growth of the market. Besides this, the increasing use of automatic cell imaging systems in biomedical imaging to enhance the diagnosis and treatment of diseases by providing high resolution and quantitative information about the cells and tissues is strengthening the market growth. Additionally, the growing number of clinical trials by pharmaceutical companies is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global automatic cell imaging system market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on product and end user.
- Phase Contrast Microscopy
- Fluorescent Microscopy
- Quantitative Phase Contrast Microscopy
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automatic cell imaging system market based on the product. This includes phase contrast microscopy, fluorescent microscopy, and quantitative phase contrast microscopy. According to the report, fluorescent microscopy represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Diagnostic Laboratories
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automatic cell imaging system market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and others. According to the report, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for automatic cell imaging system. Some of the factors driving the North America automatic cell imaging system market included the increasing cancer cases, rising geriatric population, integration of advanced technologies, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global automatic cell imaging system market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Agilent Technologies Inc., Horiba Ltd., Leica Microsystems GmbH (Danaher Corporation), Olympus Corporation, Oxford Instruments plc, PerkinElmer Inc., Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Phase Contrast Microscopy, Fluorescent Microscopy, Quantitative Phase Contrast Microscopy
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., Horiba Ltd., Leica Microsystems GmbH (Danaher Corporation), Olympus Corporation, Oxford Instruments plc, PerkinElmer Inc., Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global automatic cell imaging system market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global automatic cell imaging system market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global automatic cell imaging system market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive automatic cell imaging system market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the automatic cell imaging system market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the automatic cell imaging system market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global automatic cell imaging system market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global automatic cell imaging system market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the automatic cell imaging system market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global automatic cell imaging system market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the automatic cell imaging system industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.