The global automotive body-in-white market size reached US$ 96.24 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 112.73 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 2.50% during 2023-2028. The technological advancements, stringent regulations, and changing consumer preferences, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Automotive body-in-white (BIW) refers to the stage in automotive production where the metal body structure of a car is assembled, before any exterior components such as doors, hood, and trunk lid are added. It typically includes the main frame or unibody structure, as well as the subframes, cross members, and other support structures that form the foundation of the vehicle. The BIW is often manufactured separately from the rest of the car, allowing for greater flexibility in production and assembly. The BIW is then transported to the assembly plant, where it is fitted with other components such as the engine, transmission, and interior. It is a critical component of the overall design of a vehicle, as it determines factors such as strength, rigidity, and crashworthiness. Automakers use advanced simulation tools to design and optimize the BIW for maximum performance, often using lightweight materials such as aluminum or carbon fiber to improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
Automotive Body-in-White Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the increasing demand for lightweight and fuel-efficient vehicles. Additionally, the shift toward electric and hybrid vehicles has also led to an increased focus on lightweight materials and structural design, which are key components of the BIW. Other than this, the growing trend toward automation and Industry 4.0, and advances in robotics, artificial intelligence, and digitalization are making it easier and more cost-effective to produce complex BIW structures while also improving quality and reducing waste, which is creating a positive market outlook. Besides this, regulations and safety standards are escalating the demand for more advanced and sophisticated automotive BIW structures. Moreover, several key players are focusing on meeting stringent emissions and safety requirements, encouraging them to develop new materials and technologies that can improve the performance and safety of their vehicles. Furthermore, the global automotive market is experiencing strong growth, particularly in emerging markets such as China and India, due to rapid urbanization, increasing disposable incomes, and changing lifestyles. As more consumers in these regions are able to afford cars, demand for automotive BIW structures is expected to rise significantly.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global automotive body-in-white market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on the material type, vehicle type, propulsion type, and joining technique.
Material Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive body-in-white market based on the material type. This includes aluminum, steel, composites, and others. According to the report, steel represented the largest segment.
Vehicle Type Insights:
- Passenger vehicles
- Commercial vehicles
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive body-in-white market based on the vehicle type has also been provided in the report. This includes passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles. According to the report, passenger vehicles accounted for the largest market share.
Propulsion Type Insights:
- IC engines
- Electric vehicles
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive body-in-white market based on the propulsion type. This includes IC engines and electric vehicles.
Material Joining Technique Insights:
- Laser brazing
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive body-in-white market based on the material joining technique has also been provided in the report. This includes welding, clinching, laser brazing, bonding, and others. According to the report, welding accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for automotive body-in-white. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific automotive body-in-white market included growing demand for lightweight materials, increasing automotive production, and technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global automotive body-in-white market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include ABB Ltd., Benteler International AG, CIE Automotive, Dura Automotive Systems, Gestamp Automocion S.A., Kuka AG, Magna International Inc., Martinrea International Inc., Norsk Hydro ASA, Tata Steel Limited, TECOSIM Group, thyssenkrupp AG, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Material Types Covered
||Aluminum, Steel, Composites, Others
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Passenger vehicles, Commercial vehicles
|Propulsion Types Covered
||IC engines, Electric vehicles
|Material Joining Techniques Covered
||Welding, Clinching, Laser brazing, Bonding, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ABB Ltd., Benteler International AG, CIE Automotive, Dura Automotive Systems, Gestamp Automocion S.A., Kuka AG, Magna International Inc., Martinrea International Inc., Norsk Hydro ASA, Tata Steel Limited, TECOSIM Group, thyssenkrupp AG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global automotive body-in-white market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global automotive body-in-white market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global automotive body-in-white market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive automotive body-in-white market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- Which is the most attractive material type in the automotive body-in-white market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- Which is the most attractive vehicle type in the automotive body-in-white market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the propulsion type?
- Which is the most attractive propulsion type in the automotive body-in-white market?
- What is the breakup pf the market based on the material joining technique?
- Which is the most attractive material joining technique in the automotive body in-white market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global automotive body-in-white market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global automotive-body-white market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the automotive body-in-white market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global automotive body-in-white market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the automotive body-in-white industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.