The global automotive data logger market size reached US$ 3.7 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 5.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.28% during 2023-2028. The increasing sales of vehicles, rising use of data storage devices, and the integration of advanced technologies represent some of the key factors driving the market.
An automotive data logger is a device that records different types of data related to the performance and behavior of a vehicle. It documents engine revolutions per minute (RPM), speed, temperature, fuel consumption, and global positioning system (GPS) location. It is used for research and development (R&D), quality control, and troubleshooting purposes. It is either in the form of a standalone unit or integrated into the onboard computer system of a vehicle. It can also be connected to external sensors, including accelerometers or cameras, which are later analyzed using specialized software to identify patterns or issues that need to be addressed. It assists in improving the vehicle performance, enhancing safety, minimizing maintenance costs, and increasing fuel efficiency. It also offer more precise and reliable data as compared to manually used data collection methods.
Automotive Data Logger Market Trends:
The increasing sales of hybrid, autonomous, and electric vehicles on account of rapid urbanization and inflating income levels represent one of the major factors driving the demand for automotive data loggers around the world. Moreover, the rising focus on driver and passenger safety is favoring the market growth. In addition, due to the growing environmental concerns, governments of various countries are introducing stringent guidelines to minimize carbon emissions. Apart from this, there is an increase in the use of data storage devices, such as flash drives, hard drives, and cloud storage, to store the data gathered. This, coupled with the rising integration of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), internet of things (IoT), blockchain, edge computing, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular networks in automotive data loggers to gather and evaluate data related to the performance and behavior of the vehicle and transmit data in real time is impelling market growth. Furthermore, the growing utilization of the fifth generation (5G) networks in vehicles to enhance driving experiences and make them smarter and safer is creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, the rising use of automotive data loggers in fleet management to observe and manage a fleet of vehicles, such as tracking location, analyzing usage, and detecting maintenance issues, is strengthening the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global automotive data logger market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on channel, connection type, application, and end user.
- Controller Area Networking (CAN and CAN FD)
- Local Interconnect Network (LIN)
- Flex Ray
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive data logger market based on the channel. This includes controller area networking (CAN and CAN FD), local interconnect network (LIN), flex ray, and ethernet. According to the report, controller area networking (CAN and CAN FD) represented the largest segment.
Connection Type Insights:
- SD Card
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive data logger market based on the connection type has also been provided in the report. This includes SD Card, USB, and Bluetooth/WIFI. According to the report, USB accounted for the largest market share.
- ADAS and Safety
- Fleet Management
- Automotive Insurance
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive data logger market based on the application. This includes pre-sales and post-sales (OBD, ADAS and safety, fleet management, and automotive insurance). According to the report, pre-sales represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Service Stations
- Regulatory Bodies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive data logger market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes OEMs, service stations, and regulatory bodies. According to the report, regulatory bodies accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for automotive data logger. Some of the factors driving the North America automotive data logger market included the growing demand for electric vehicles (EVs), rising integration of advanced technologies, easy availability of fifth generation (5G) networks, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global automotive data logger market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Aptiv Plc, CAS DataLoggers, CSS Electronics, Hioki E.E. Corporation, Influx Technology, Intrepid Control Systems, Ipetronik GmbH & Co. (INDUS Holding AG), Kvaser, National Instruments Corporation, Racelogic Ltd, TTTech Auto, Vector Informatik GmbH., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Connection Type
- End User
||Controller Area Networking (CAN and CAN FD), Local Interconnect Network (LIN), Flex Ray, Ethernet
|Connection Types Covered
||SD Card, USB, Bluetooth/WIFI
- Post-sales: OBD, ADAS and Safety, Fleet Management, Automotive Insurance
|End Users Covered
||OEMs, Service Stations, Regulatory Bodies
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aptiv Plc, CAS DataLoggers, CSS Electronics, Hioki E.E. Corporation, Influx Technology, Intrepid Control Systems, Ipetronik GmbH & Co. (INDUS Holding AG), Kvaser, National Instruments Corporation, Racelogic Ltd, TTTech Auto, Vector Informatik GmbH., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global automotive data logger market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global automotive data logger market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global automotive data logger market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive automotive data logger market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the channel?
- Which is the most attractive channel in the automotive data logger market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the connection type?
- Which is the most attractive connection type in the automotive data logger market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the automotive data logger market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the automotive data logger market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global automotive data logger market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global automotive data logger market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the automotive data logger market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global automotive data logger market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the automotive data logger industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.