According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Automotive Glass Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India automotive glass market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% during 2022-2027. Automotive glass is generally utilized in the manufacturing of automobiles in order to provide protection to vehicles and their occupants during accidents and avoid debris from entering the enclosed space. Besides this, it also provides a clear and undistorted view of surroundings and roads during adverse weather conditions while safeguarding the automobile from ultraviolet (UV) rays. This glass is fabricated by mixing sodium carbonate, silica, lime and cullet with water that is widely utilized in various forms, such as integrated glass antennas, privacy glass, patterned glazing, module assembly glass, heated wire and coated windshields, head-up display and light control glass.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Automotive Glass Market Trends:
The market in India is primarily driven by significant growth in the automotive sector. Coupled with the increasing manufacturing and selling of vehicles, along with the rising adoption of automobiles owing to the inflating disposable income levels of the masses, this is impacting the market growth favorably. Moreover, continual technological advancements and the widespread utilization of instant defrosting windshields in order to improve driver’s visibility are creating a positive market outlook. In addition to this, the introduction of electric vehicles (EVs) due to the growing environmental concerns across the country is creating a boost to the demand for automotive glasses. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, the growing initiatives undertaken by the government of India for connecting rural and urban locations, continuous developments in the logistics infrastructure that have propelled the production of heavy-duty automobiles, continual up-gradation in vehicle designs, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key player, are also influencing the market across India.
- On the basis of the glass type, the market has been segmented into laminated, tempered and other glasses.
- Based on the material type, the market has been segregated into IR PVB, metal coated glass, tinted glass and others.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been classified into passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, trucks, buses and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been windshield, sidelite, backlite, rear quarter glass, sideview mirror, rearview mirror and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been bifurcated into OEMS and aftermarket suppliers.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified active smart glass (suspended particle, electrochromic and liquid crystal glasses) and passive glass (thermochromic and photochromic glasses).
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800