The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Baby Care Products Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the India Baby Care Products market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Baby care products are specially formulated products for infants and toddlers. Some commonly used baby care products are oil, cream and lotion, powder, shampoo, and soap. These products are made with extracts of shea butter, milk cream, aloe vera, almond oil, jojoba oil, and butter. Baby care products help keep the babies clean and provide nourishment to their delicate skin. In India, baby care products are increasingly gaining popularity due to the improving lifestyles and inflating incomes of individuals over the past few decades.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Baby Care Products Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing infant population and the rising number of nuclear families across India. In addition to this, the rising awareness regarding the health of babies among parents is fueling the market growth. This has also created a demand for fortified and functional baby food containing essential nutrients such as calcium, iron and vitamins A, D, E, K, C, and B. Moreover, the Government of India is taking various initiatives and implementing schemes to promote child health and hygiene, which is influencing the demand for baby care products. As a result, several leading manufacturers are producing organic products that are manufactured using organic ingredients grown without using chemicals or pesticides. For instance, key players have launched water wipes made from bamboo, which are specially made to suit the sensitive skin of newborns. Furthermore, they are also extensively investing in advertisements and promotional campaigns to generate brand awareness, thereby creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 7% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into skin care, hair care, baby toiletries (bath products and fragrances, and baby diapers and wipes), and baby food and beverages.
- On the basis of the category, the market has been classified into premium and mass products.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies/drug stores, online stores and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Artsana S.p.A., Dabur India Ltd., Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd., Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Me N Moms Private Limited, Nestlé S.A, Pigeon Corporation, Procter & Gamble Company, and Unicharm Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal