The 7 major bacterial pneumonia markets are expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.67% during 2023-2033.
The bacterial pneumonia market has been comprehensively analyzed in IMARC's new report titled "Bacterial Pneumonia Market: Epidemiology, Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2033". Bacterial pneumonia refers to a type of lung infection caused by bacteria. It occurs when bacteria enter the respiratory system and multiply, leading to inflammation and infection in the air sacs (alveoli) of the lungs. This condition results in an accumulation of fluid and pus, impairing oxygen exchange and causing several indications. The common symptoms associated with the illness include cough, chills, fever, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, fatigue, weakness, the production of thick, discolored phlegm, an increased heart rate, etc. Individuals suffering from this ailment may also experience chest pain that progresses with coughing or deep breathing. The diagnosis of bacterial pneumonia usually involves a physical examination, clinical features evaluation, and medical history review. During a physical exam, the healthcare provider will utilize a stethoscope to check for irregular breath sounds, such as crackles or wheezing. Furthermore, a chest X-ray is recommended to detect abnormalities in the lungs, which are indicative of infection. Numerous other investigations, including pulse oximetry, arterial blood gas analysis, computed tomography scans, etc., are also performed to confirm a diagnosis among patients.
The increasing cases of respiratory tract infections, including the flu or common cold, that cause inflammation and damage to the inner lining, making it easier for bacteria to invade the lungs, are primarily driving the bacterial pneumonia market. In addition to this, the growing geriatric population, who have weaker immune systems along with certain underlying health conditions, is also creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the widespread adoption of effective medications, such as antibiotics, bronchodilators, antipyretics, etc., to reduce the symptoms of the ailment is further bolstering the market growth. Apart from this, the escalating utilization of chest physiotherapy techniques, which help to loosen and mobilize secretions in the lungs, thereby facilitating their removal and improving pulmonary functions in patients, is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the emerging popularity of respiratory therapies, like nebulization and inhalation, owing to their several advantages, including targeted drug delivery and enhanced absorption of medications into the bloodstream, is expected to drive the bacterial pneumonia market during the forecast period.
IMARC Group's new report provides an exhaustive analysis of the bacterial pneumonia market in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan. This includes treatment practices, in-market, and pipeline drugs, share of individual therapies, market performance across the seven major markets, market performance of key companies and their drugs, etc. The report also provides the current and future patient pool across the seven major markets. According to the report the United States has the largest patient pool for bacterial pneumonia and also represents the largest market for its treatment. Furthermore, the current treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, challenges, opportunities, reimbursement scenario and unmet medical needs, etc. have also been provided in the report. This report is a must-read for manufacturers, investors, business strategists, researchers, consultants, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the bacterial pneumonia market in any manner.
Time Period of the Study
- Base Year: 2022
- Historical Period: 2017-2022
- Market Forecast: 2023-2033
- United States
- United Kingdom
Analysis Covered Across Each Country
- Historical, current, and future epidemiology scenario
- Historical, current, and future performance of the bacterial pneumonia market
- Historical, current, and future performance of various therapeutic categories in the market
- Sales of various drugs across the bacterial pneumonia market
- Reimbursement scenario in the market
- In-market and pipeline drugs
This report also provides a detailed analysis of the current bacterial pneumonia marketed drugs and late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Drug overview
- Mechanism of action
- Regulatory status
- Clinical trial results
- Drug uptake and market performance
Late-Stage Pipeline Drugs
- Drug Overview
- Mechanism of Action
- Regulatory Status
- Clinical Trial Results
- Drug Uptake and Market Performance
|Teflaro (Ceftaroline fosamil)
*Kindly note that the drugs in the above table only represent a partial list of marketed/pipeline drugs, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- How has the bacterial pneumonia market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the markets shares of various therapeutic segments in 2022 and how are they expected to perform till 2033?
- What was the country-wise size of the bacterial pneumonia market across the seven major markets in 2022 and what will it look like in 2033?
- What is the growth rate of the bacterial pneumonia market across the seven major markets and what will be the expected growth over the next ten years?
- What are the key unmet needs in the market?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of bacterial pneumonia across the seven major markets?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of bacterial pneumonia by age across the seven major markets?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of bacterial pneumonia by gender across the seven major markets?
- How many patients are diagnosed (2017-2033) with bacterial pneumonia across the seven major markets?
- What is the size of the bacterial pneumonia patient pool (2017-2022) across the seven major markets?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool (2023-2033) across the seven major markets?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiological trend of bacterial pneumonia?
- What will be the growth rate of patients across the seven major markets?
Bacterial Pneumonia: Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies
- What are the current marketed drugs and what are their market performance?
- What are the key pipeline drugs and how are they expected to perform in the coming years?
- How safe are the current marketed drugs and what are their efficacies?
- How safe are the late-stage pipeline drugs and what are their efficacies?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for bacterial pneumonia drugs across the seven major markets?
- Who are the key companies in the market and what are their market shares?
- What are the key mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities, collaborations, etc. related to the bacterial pneumonia market?
- What are the key regulatory events related to the bacterial pneumonia market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by status related to the bacterial pneumonia market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by phase related to the bacterial pneumonia market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by route of administration related to the bacterial pneumonia market?