The global biodegradable food service disposables market reached a value of US$ 2.4 Billion in 2018. Completely, biodegradable disposables are made from naturally-occurring substances such as sugarcane fibre (Bagasse), corn starch, wheat bran, bamboo, areca nut sheaths, dried leaves such as palm leaves, coconut coir, etc. Environmental concerns arising from the usage and disposal of paper disposables are currently driving the growth of the global biodegradable food service disposables market. For instance, paper disposables made from wood fibre are causing the destruction of millions of acres of forests and the inner polyurethane layer in paper disposables restricts their biodegradability. On the contrary, completely biodegradable materials are usually compostable which indicates that upon degradation, these materials release valuable nutrients into soil making it more fertile.
Increasing environmental concerns due to the rising usage and disposal of paper disposables have created strong potential for the biodegradable food service disposables market to grow in the coming years. Plastic ban in several countries and rising consumer awareness about the environmental impact posed by plastic and paper disposables have resulted into increased preference for completely biodegradable alternatives. Moreover, continuous urbanisation, sedentary lifestyles and on-the-go food culture are expected to further propel the growth of the market in the short and medium terms. Easy availability of raw materials used in the manufacturing of biodegradable food service disposables is another factor which will provide the manufacturers with ease of production, thereby increasing the availability of these products in the market. Looking forward, the market is further projected to reach a value of US$ 3.4 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 5.5% during 2019-2024.
Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. Amongst these, Europe represents the biggest market.
Material Type Insights:
On the basis of raw material type, the market has been segmented into pulp and paper, biopolymers, leaves and wood. Among these, the pulp and paper segment holds the largest share.
Product Type Insights:
On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented into cups, clam shells and containers, plates, cutleries and others. Among these, the cup segment currently enjoys the largest share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
On the basis of distribution channel, the market has been segmented into B2C (business to customer) and B2B (business to business) channels. Further, the B2C channel is segmented into supermarkets and hypermarkets, online stores and others. Amongst these, supermarkets and hypermarkets currently enjoy the largest share.
This report provides a deep insight into the global biodegradable food service disposables market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global biodegradable food service disposables market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- Which are the key regions in the global biodegradable food service disposables market?
- Which are the various raw materials used in the global biodegradable food service disposables market?
- Which are the key product types in the global biodegradable food service disposables market?
- Which are the major distribution channels in the global biodegradable food service disposables market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global biodegradable food service disposables market?
- What is the market structure and who are the key players?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global biodegradable food service disposables market?
- What is the manufacturing process for biodegradable food service disposables?
- What is the degree of competition in the global biodegradable food service disposables market?