The global biodegradable mulch films market is expected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% during 2023-2028.
Biodegradable mulch film refers to an organic layer composed of natural materials that biodegrade in the soil without leaving any harmful residues. It is generally used in specialty crop production as it offers several agronomic benefits. Biodegradable mulch film helps in accelerating plant growth, water retention, preventing weed production, curbing soil contamination, increasing crop yields, and maintaining soil nutrition. Besides this, the mulch film, based on its biological properties, has a positive environmental impact as compared to the conventional polyethylene (PE) mulch. Owing to these benefits, biodegradable mulch films find wide applications pertaining to modern agriculture techniques, including organic farming and crop rotation.
The rising environmental concerns towards the adverse effects of polymer-based mulch counterparts in degrading soil and crop quality have increased the penetration of safer and natural products, such as biodegradable mulch films. Furthermore, the escalating consumer awareness towards several product benefits, such as maintaining soil moisture and temperature levels along with eliminating plastic film disposal, has further stimulated the market growth. Apart from this, the implementation of favorable government regulations promoting the utilization of eco-friendly and organic products has positively influenced the demand for biodegradable mulch films. Additionally, the growing population, coupled with agricultural land shrinkage due to rapid urbanization, has propelled the farmers to boost productivity rates. This has resulted in the rapid adoption of modern farming methods, including biodegradable mulch films, for enhancing soil quality and increasing crop yields. Moreover, various technological advancements, such as the integration of natural mulch films with biopolymers for producing durable and premium products, will continue to fuel market growth in the upcoming times.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global biodegradable mulch films market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on raw material, crop type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Raw Material:
- Thermoplastic Starch (TPS)
- Starch Blended with Polylactic Acid (PLA)
- Starch blended with Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
- Aliphatic-aromatic Copolyesters (AAC)
Breakup by Crop Type:
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Grains and Oilseeds
- Flowers and Plants
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Region:
- Asia Pacific
- United Kingdom
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Latin America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being BASF SE, BioBag International AS, Kingfa Sci. & Tech. Co., Ltd., Armando Alvarez Group, British Polythene Limited, Ab Rani Plast Oy, Al-Pack Enterprises Ltd., RKW Group, Novamont SpA, and AEP Industries, Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Raw Material, Crop Type, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, China, Japan, India, United States, Canada, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico
||BASF SE, BioBag International AS, Kingfa Sci. & Tech. Co., Ltd., Armando Alvarez Group, British Polythene Limited, Ab Rani Plast Oy, Al-Pack Enterprises Ltd., RKW Group, Novamont SpA, and AEP Industries, Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global biodegradable mulch films market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global biodegradable mulch films industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global biodegradable mulch films industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the raw material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the crop type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global biodegradable mulch films industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global biodegradable mulch films industry?
- What is the structure of the global biodegradable mulch films industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global biodegradable mulch films industry?