According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Biometrics Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India biometrics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% during 2022-2027. Biometrics refers to the process of using biological measurements or physical characteristics of an individual as a means of identification. Biometric identifiers are broadly categorized into physiological and behavioral characteristics. While fingerprints, face and palm prints are included among physiological characteristics, behavioral characteristics include voice and signature recognition. Since biological characteristics are unique for every individual, they are considered to be one of the most effective and efficient methods of identification. Biometrics are widely used across the corporate, industrial and government facilities to ensure fast and reliable access to systems or devices. Fingerprint mapping, iris recognition and facial recognition are some of the most widely used forms of biometric technology for data veracity and access control.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Biometrics Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing adoption of biometric security systems across the corporate sector in India. These systems are extremely convenient to be used by employees as they eliminate the need for carrying identification cards. In line with this, the Government of India has also adopted the technology for the e-passport and e-visa programs. Various other programs are also incorporating fingerprint scanning and iris recognition for identity verification. For instance, UIDAI (Aadhar) captures the biometric details of the Indian residents for authentication purposes. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of biometric identification in smartphones, tablets and laptops has also provided a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, the inflating disposable incomes and growing population in the country is contributing to the increase in the uptake of smartphones and other devices, thereby facilitating the market growth. The advent of multimodal biometrics in the market is expected to further create a positive outlook for the market.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been divided into face recognition, hand geometry, voice recognition, signature recognition, iris recognition, AFIS, non-AFIS and others.
- Based on the functionality, the market has been classified into contact, non-contact and combined.
- On the basis of the authentication, the market has been bifurcated into single- and multi-factor authentication.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been categorized into hardware and software.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been segmented into government, defense services, banking and finance, consumer electronics, healthcare, commercial safety and security, transport/visa/logistics and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include IDEMIA, Secugen India Pvt. Ltd., NEC Technologies India Pvt. Ltd, 4G Identity Solutions, HID Corporation, eSSL Security, 3M India Ltd, Honeywell International Inc., Zicom Saas Pvt. Ltd., and Matrix Comsec Pvt. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal