The global bioprocess technology market size reached US$ 27.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 42.58 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7% during 2023-2028. The increasing demand for sustainable and eco-friendly production processes, the growing need for high-value biologically derived products, and advancements in biotechnology and genetic engineering represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 27.1 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 42.58 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Bioprocess technology is an interdisciplinary field that combines biology, engineering, and technology to develop and optimize biological processes for the production of biologically derived products such as pharmaceuticals, vaccines, enzymes, and biofuels. The technology involves the use of living organisms or their components, such as cells, enzymes, or microorganisms, to perform specific biochemical reactions in a controlled environment. Bioprocess technology encompasses several stages, including upstream processing, downstream processing, and process monitoring and control. Upstream processing involves the preparation and cultivation of the biological material, while downstream processing is the separation and purification of the desired product. On the other hand, process monitoring and control refer to the continuous monitoring and adjustment of the bioprocess to ensure product quality and yield. Moreover, bioprocess technology is rapidly evolving with advances in genetic engineering, microfluidics, and process modeling leading to the development of more efficient and effective bioprocesses. In recent years, bioprocess technology has gained traction on account of its wide utilization in the expansion of biopharmaceutical and biosimilar products.
Bioprocess Technology Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising need for sustainable production processes. Traditional chemical processes often require large amounts of energy and generate significant amounts of waste and pollutants. Bioprocess technology, on the other hand, offers a more sustainable approach by using renewable biological resources and producing minimal waste. This has led to the growing demand for bioprocess technology in various industries, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and food and beverages. Additionally, the growing demand for high-value biologically derived products is creating a positive market outlook. As bioprocess technology offers a way to produce these products in a more efficient and cost-effective manner than traditional chemical methods. For instance, bioprocess technology is used in the production of enzymes, vaccines, and biofuels, which have a wide range of applications and are in high demand. Other than this, the advancements in biotechnology and genetic engineering are positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, with the development of new tools and techniques, it is now possible to manipulate biological systems to optimize their performance and increase their productivity. Genetic engineering allows for the creation of new and improved strains of microorganisms, which can be used in bioprocesses to produce higher yields of the desired product. Similarly, microfluidic technology allows for the precise control and manipulation of fluids, enabling the development of more efficient bioprocesses. Apart from these factors, bioprocess technology is highly flexible and can be tailored to meet specific requirements for each product. It can be customized to optimize yields, improve product quality, and ensure consistency of the final product. Moreover, the development of data analytics and machine learning tools has led to a better understanding of biological systems, enabling the optimization of bioprocesses, thereby creating a positive market outlook in the upcoming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global bioprocess technology market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on the product, application, and end user.
- Bioprocess Analyzers
- Consumables and Access
- Culture Media
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the bioprocess technology market based on the product. This includes instruments (bioprocess analyzers, osmometers, bioreactors, incubators, and others), and consumables and access (culture media, reagents, and others).
- Recombinant Proteins
- Monoclonal Antibodies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the bioprocess technology market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies, antibiotics, and others.
End User Insights:
- Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Research and Academic Institutes
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the bioprocess technology market based on the end user. This includes biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies, research and academic institutes, and others.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for bioprocess technology. Some of the factors driving the North America bioprocess technology market included development of new technologies, such as such as single-use bioreactors, high throughput systems, and process analytics, to improve production efficiency, rising demand for biologics and increasing investments to fund research and development, build manufacturing facilities, and expand production capacity.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global bioprocess technology market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Advanced Instruments LLC, Biopharma Dynamics Ltd., Danaher Corporation, Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Lonza Group AG, Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Univercells Technologies, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Bioprocess Technology Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
- Instruments: Bioprocess Analyzers, Osmometers, Bioreactors, Incubators, Others
- Consumables and Access: Culture Media, Reagents, Other
||Recombinant Proteins, Monoclonal Antibodies, Antibiotics, Others
|End Users Covered
||Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical Companies, Research and Academic Institutes, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advanced Instruments LLC, Biopharma Dynamics Ltd., Danaher Corporation, Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Lonza Group AG, Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Univercells Technologies, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global bioprocess technology market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global bioprocess technology market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global bioprocess technology market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive bioprocess technology market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the bioprocess technology market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the bioprocess technology market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the bioprocess technology market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global bioprocess technology market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global bioprocess technology market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the bioprocess technology market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global bioprocess technology market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the bioprocess technology industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.