According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Biopsy Devices Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India biopsy devices market reached a value of US$ 71.3 Million in 2021. Biopsy devices are medical equipment used to extract sample cells and tissues from an organ. Needles, localization wires, biopsy guns, and forceps are some of the commonly used devices. They are highly sensitive and lightweight and are commonly used for performing vacuum-assisted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-guided, core, and needle-based biopsies on different body parts, such as the breasts, kidneys, lungs, prostate, and liver. They are utilized by cardiologists, surgeons, and radiologists to examine and diagnose various diseases and medical conditions, including inflammation, infection, cancer, and autoimmune disorders.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Biopsy Devices Market Trends-
One of the key factors driving the India biopsy devices market is the increasing prevalence of cancer in the country and the growing awareness regarding the early detection and treatment of the disease. Biopsy devices are inserted through the skin to collect cells from suspicious areas to diagnose any abnormalities in the body. In line with this, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases due to sedentary lifestyles, increasing consumption of processed food products, and the growing number of people who smoke and drink alcohol are favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of smart biopsy devices to assist medical practitioners distinguish healthy cells or calluses from tumorous cells are providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the increasing demand for minimally invasive (MI) biopsy procedures that eliminate the need for surgery for cancer diagnosis and reduce the damage caused to healthy cells by radiation are favoring the market growth. Other factors, including the significant growth in the healthcare sector, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, organization of cancer awareness campaigns by the Government of India (GoI), and rising geriatric population, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 111.1 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.59% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the procedure type, the market has been bifurcated into surgical and needle biopsies.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into biopsy guidance systems, needle-based biopsy guns, biopsy needles, biopsy forceps, and others.
- The market has been classified on the basis of the application into breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, and other biopsies.
- Based on the guidance technique, the market has been segregated into ultrasound guided biopsy, stereotactic guided biopsy, MRI- guided biopsy, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals and clinics, academic and research institutes, and others.
- Based on regions, the market has been classified into North, West and Central, South, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key player
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800