The global bone and mineral diagnostic testing market size reached US$ 1.1 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.5 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.67% during 2024-2032. A considerable increase in the incidences of bone-related diseases, the escalating demand for early disease diagnosis and prevention, and continual technological advancements in the automation of assay represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 1.1 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 1.5 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Bone and mineral diagnostic tests detect bone and mineral disorders that are performed using technologies, such as ELISA, CLIA, and RIA, to diagnose and assess treatment response. A bone and mineral metabolism disorder is a general term used to describe a range of conditions that can weaken bones due to mineral deficiencies like calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D. In most cases, these tests are non-invasive, painless, and require minimal medication or administration, and several bone and mineral diagnostic tests are often performed using a combination method. The use of X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can help identify or rule out fractures, wear and tear, and abnormal bone positions. Additionally, bone density tests (also known as bone densitometry or osteodensitometry) and bone scans (bone scintigraphy) detect the minerals in the bones, details on bone metabolism, and depict the different bone structures. Besides this, bone biopsies and bone marrow biopsies are also important forms of bone diagnostic testing, in which a thin needle is used to remove bone tissue to detect disease-related changes.
Bone and Mineral Diagnostic Testing Market Trends:
A considerable increase in the incidences of bone-related diseases on the global level is a significant factor driving the market. This can be attributed to the rising prevalence of sedentary lifestyle leading to deficiency of vitamin D. In line with this, the escalating demand for early disease diagnosis and prevention is also resulting in a higher uptake of various tests among the masses. Moreover, continual technological advancements in the automation of assay for enhanced diagnostic testing with lower turnaround times and increased accuracy in output are creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. However, the augmenting costs of several bone diagnostic tests, limited reimbursements, along with limited detection capability are acting as significant factors that are restraining the market growth. On the contrary, the expansion of a wide range of point-of-care (POC) diagnostic tests and a considerable rise in public awareness toward preventive healthcare is creating a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by favorable initiatives undertaken by the government and non-profit organizations for promoting awareness about various diagnostic test procedures among the masses. Apart from this, the growing geriatric population that is more susceptible to developing these ailments is leading to the increasing incidences of bone disorders. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, rising medical expenditure, new product launches by the manufacturers, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global bone and mineral diagnostic testing market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on product, test type and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the bone and mineral diagnostic testing market based on the product. This includes assays/consumables and instruments. According to the report, assays/consumables represented the largest segment.
Test Type Insights
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the bone and mineral diagnostic testing market based on the test type. This includes Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and others.
- Vitamin D Testing
- Bone Metabolism
A detailed breakup and analysis of the bone and mineral diagnostic testing market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes vitamin D testing and bone metabolism. According to the report, vitamin D testing accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for bone and mineral diagnostic testing. Some of the factors driving the North America bone and mineral diagnostic testing market include the expanding geriatric population, rising healthcare expenditure, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global bone and mineral diagnostic testing market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Abbott Laboratories, bioMérieux SA, DiaSorin S.p.A., Epitope Diagnostics Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, QuidelOrtho Corporation, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Test Types Covered
||Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Others
||Vitamin D Testing, Bone Metabolism
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, bioMérieux SA, DiaSorin S.p.A., Epitope Diagnostics Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, QuidelOrtho Corporation, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global bone and mineral diagnostic testing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global bone and mineral diagnostic testing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive bone and mineral diagnostic testing markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the test type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global bone and mineral diagnostic testing market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global bone and mineral diagnostic testing market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the bone and mineral diagnostic testing market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global bone and mineral diagnostic testing market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the bone and mineral diagnostic testing industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.