The global bulletproof helmet market size reached US$ 1,009.4 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,416.5 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of cross-order breaches, internal issues, and insurgencies, a considerable rise in the defense budget for the upgradation of military weaponry and war assets, and the increasing use of lightweight materials in the manufacturing of bulletproof helmets represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Bulletproof helmets, also known as ballistic helmets, refers to military helmets designed to protect the head from shrapnel, bullets, and fragmented particles during combat. Bulletproof helmets are essential for all armed forces and police personnel, who use them for protection against potentially hazardous elements, particularly ballistic threats, and fragments and airborne flying particles. In addition to being compatible with existing NVG guns and communications, these bullet-resistant helmets can also be fitted with nuclear, biological, and chemical defense equipment. Bulletproof helmets often are made from ballistic materials like kevlar and twaron, which provide enhanced protection against extreme temperatures, fires, water, moisture, and ultraviolet light (UV). For enhanced retention, these helmets are equipped with pad suspension, adjustment slides, and impact-resistant hardware. High-breaking strength and robust materials provide enhanced protection from gunshots, as well as enhanced combat effectiveness and survivability, along with decreased injury rates on the battlefield.
Bulletproof Helmet Market Trends:
The rising number of security measures undertaken for counterterrorism activities by various governments is a significant factor driving the market. This can be attributed to the rising prevalence of cross-order breaches, internal issues, and insurgencies across the globe. In line with this, an enhanced focus on the protection of soldiers and law enforcement officers from head injuries caused by bullets and sharp weapons is positively impacting the market. Moreover, the rise in the defense budget for the upgradation of military weaponry and war assets is resulting in a higher product uptake. Additionally, the increasing use of lightweight materials, such as aramid fibers and polymers, by manufacturers for enhancing armor system efficiency is providing an impetus to the market. Besides this, continual product innovations, such as the use of nanotechnology, augmented reality (AR) sensors and cameras, and helmet-mounted HUD visors, are creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. The market is further propelled by the expansion of national military bases, increasing weapon testing activities, and the growing military modernization practices on the global level. Some of the other factors creating a positive market outlook include the augmenting geopolitical tensions, growing awareness regarding soldier protection, numerous technological advancements, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global bulletproof helmet market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on material and application.
- Metal Material
- Nonmetal Material
- Composite Material
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the bulletproof helmet market based on the material. This includes metal, nonmetal, and composite materials. According to the report, composite material represented the largest segment.
- Military and Defense
- Law Enforcement
A detailed breakup and analysis of the bulletproof helmet market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes military and defense, and law enforcement. According to the report, military and defense accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for bulletproof helmets. Some of the factors driving the North America bulletproof helmet market include the presence of several key players, rising military expenditure, and augmenting geopolitical tensions.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global bulletproof helmet market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Argun s.r.o., ArmorSource LLC, Avon Protection plc, Hard Shell FZE, MKU Limited (GKG Group), Point Blank Enterprises Inc., Protection Group Denmark, Sinoarmor, Ulbrichts GmbH, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Material, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Argun s.r.o., ArmorSource LLC, Avon Protection plc, Hard Shell FZE, MKU Limited (GKG Group), Point Blank Enterprises Inc., Protection Group Denmark, Sinoarmor, Ulbrichts GmbH, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global bulletproof helmet market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global bulletproof helmet market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive bulletproof helmet markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global bulletproof helmet market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global bulletproof helmet market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the bulletproof helmet market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global bulletproof helmet market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the bulletproof helmet industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.