The global carbon disulfide market size reached US$ 515.53 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 632.25 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.20% during 2023-2028. The advancements in production technologies, growing demand for carbon disulfide as a chemical intermediate, and increasing use of carbon disulfide as a cleaning agent represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 515.53 Million
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 632.25 Million
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Carbon disulfide refers to a colorless and highly flammable liquid with a chemical formula of CS2. It is composed of one carbon atom and two sulfur atoms, and is soluble in organic solvents and insoluble in water. It has a pungent odor, similar to that of rotten eggs. It is found naturally in gases released to the earth’s surfaces, for example, in volcanic eruptions or over marshes. However, commercial carbon disulfide is made by combining carbon and sulfur at very high temperatures. Carbon disulfide evaporates at room temperature, and easily explodes in the air and also catches fire. It finds application in the chemical industry as a solvent for manufacturing various products, including rayon, cellophane, and rubber. Carbon disulfide is also used in the production of pesticides and fungicides. In recent years, carbon disulfide has gained traction as it is widely utilized in producing viscose rayon and cellophane.
Carbon Disulfide Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the wide product employment for the production of other chemicals, such as dithiocrabomates, carbon tetrachloride, and thiuram disulfides. Additionally, it is also used as a solvent in the extraction of vegetable oils, thus creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, emerging markets, such as China and India, are experiencing rapid economic growth, which is leading to an increased demand for products, such as paper, textiles, and other end-use products that utilize carbon disulfide. Apart from these factors, carbon disulfide is used extensively as a cleaning agent in the semiconductor industry on account of its high volatility and ability to dissolve a wide range of impurities, thus positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, stringent environmental regulations globally are encouraging key players to introduce more sustainable and environment-friendly production procedures to minimize their environmental impact. In line with this, various technological advancements have also led to the development of more efficient and cost-effective methods for producing carbon disulfide, which is reducing production costs and increasing accessibility to the chemical compound. Furthermore, carbon disulfide is also deployed in numerous emerging applications, such as nanotechnology, where it is used in the synthesis of nanoparticles. Moreover, the increasing investment in research and development (R&D) activities in the chemical industry is driving the innovation and development of new products that require carbon disulfide.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global carbon disulfide market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on purity, application, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the carbon disulfide market based on purity. This includes pure and impure.
- Cleaning Carbon Nanotubes
A detailed breakup and analysis of the carbon disulfide market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes rayon, rubber, cleaning carbon nanotubes, perfumes, cellophane, and others. According to the report, rubber accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the carbon disulfide market based on the end user. This includes pharmaceuticals, agriculture, packaging, textile, cosmetics, and others. According to the report, agriculture represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for carbon disulfide. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific carbon disulfide market included increasing demand for carbon disulfide in the production of various chemicals and materials, growing industrialization in the region, and rising demand for agricultural products.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global carbon disulfide market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Arkema S.A., GFS Chemicals Inc., Liaonian Ruixing Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Merck KGaA, Nouryon, Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals, Shanghai Baijin Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Shikoku Kasei Holdings Corporation, Tedia Company LLC, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Carbon Disulfide Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Rayon, Rubber, Cleaning Carbon Nanotubes, Perfumes, Cellophane, Others
|End Users Covered
||Pharmaceuticals, Agriculture, Packaging, Textile, Cosmetics, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arkema S.A., GFS Chemicals Inc., Liaonian Ruixing Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Merck KGaA, Nouryon, Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals, Shanghai Baijin Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Shikoku Kasei Holdings Corporation, Tedia Company LLC, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global carbon disulfide market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global carbon disulfide market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global carbon disulfide market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive carbon disulfide market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on purity?
- Which is the most attractive purity in the carbon disulfide market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the carbon disulfide market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the carbon disulfide market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global carbon disulfide market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global carbon disulfide market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the carbon disulfide market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global carbon disulfide market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the carbon disulfide industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.