The global cell dissociation market size reached US$ 314.84 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 716.92 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 14.10% during 2023-2028. The growing investments by governing agencies in the biopharmaceutical industry, increasing development of vaccines, and the rising number of clinical trials of various drugs and therapies represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 314.84 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 716.92 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Cell dissociation refers to the process of breaking down a cell culture to isolate a small group of cells or single individual cells. It relies on a wide variety of dissociation reagents, such as trypsin and collagenase, which are enzymes and digest pieces of tissue to release the target cells. It is also promoted by utilizing chemicals, such as ethylenediamine tetraacetic (EDTA) solutions, ethylene glycol-bis(β-aminoethyl ether)-N,N,N′,N′-tetraacetic acid (EGTA), and egtazic acid, which does not alter the surface of the cells and provides safe and gentle application. Cell dissociation is often performed by mechanical methods and involve breaking down of tissues with physical forces, such as cutting, crushing, and scrapping, to isolate individual cells. It is used with a specialized device wherein cell cultures are transferred into a single-cell suspension medium, followed by detaching cells from the host tissue and further isolating them from various residual substances or debris. Furthermore, as cell dissociation enables researchers to target and isolate a wide variety of cells, its demand is increasing around the world.
Cell Dissociation Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for cell dissociation for conducting research on cell-based therapies represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, rising investments made by governing agencies of various countries in the biopharmaceutical industry for research and development (R&D) of novel drugs to prevent the occurrence of various contagious diseases across the globe are propelling the growth of the market. In addition, the growing utilization of cell dissociation technologies for the development of vaccines is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, the increasing number of clinical trials of various drugs and therapies to cure various cancers, such as lung, cervical, prostate, breast, and blood cancers, is contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, technological advancements made to improve treatment procedures and provide effective healthcare facilities for patients are supporting the market growth. Moreover, the increasing adoption of cell dissociation techniques in pathology elucidation and production of regenerative medicines is strengthening the market growth. Furthermore, key market players are manufacturing a wide variety of advanced tissue dissociation enzyme products to increase the efficiency and accuracy of the procedure.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global cell dissociation market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, type, and end use.
- Enzymatic Dissociation
- Non-Enzymatic Dissociation
- Instruments and Accessories
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cell dissociation market based on the product. This includes enzymatic dissociation (trypsin, collagenase, elastase, papain, hyaluronidase, DNase, and others), non-enzymatic dissociation, and instruments and accessories. According to the report, enzymatic dissociation represented the largest segment.
- Tissue Dissociation
- Cell Detachment
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cell dissociation market based on the type has also been provided in the report. This includes tissue dissociation and cell detachment. According to the report, tissue dissociation accounted for the largest market share.
End Use Insights:
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research and Academic Institutes
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cell dissociation market based on the end use has also been provided in the report. This includes pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and research and academic institutes. According to the report, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America (the United States and Canada) was the largest market for cell dissociation. Some of the factors driving the North America cell dissociation market included the growing demand for personalized medicine, rising research and development (R&D) activities on developing novel drugs, increasing expenditure on healthcare sector, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global cell dissociation market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Becton Dickinson and Company, Capricorn Scientific GmbH, Cytiva (Danaher Corporation), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., HiMedia Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Miltenyi Biotec, PAN-Biotech GmbH, Sartorius AG, STEMCELL Technologies Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Vitacyte LLC, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Cell Dissociation Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End Use
- Enzymatic Dissociation: Trypsin, Collagenase, Elastase, Papain, Hyaluronidase, DNase, Others
- Non-Enzymatic Dissociation
- Instruments and Accessories
||Tissue Dissociation, Cell Detachment
|End Uses Covered
||Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Research and Academic Institutes
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Becton Dickinson and Company, Capricorn Scientific GmbH, Cytiva (Danaher Corporation), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., HiMedia Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Miltenyi Biotec, PAN-Biotech GmbH, Sartorius AG, STEMCELL Technologies Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Vitacyte LLC, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cell dissociation market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cell dissociation market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global cell dissociation market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive cell dissociation market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the cell dissociation market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the cell dissociation market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use?
- Which is the most attractive end use in the cell dissociation market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global cell dissociation market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global cell dissociation market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the cell dissociation market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global cell dissociation market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the cell dissociation industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.