China Genetic Testing Market reached a value of US$ 1.43 Billion in 2017. Genetic testing, also known as DNA testing, provides the determination of bloodlines and the genetic diagnosis of vulnerabilities to diseases that can be inherited. It determines changes in chromosomes, genes, or proteins. The results obtained from a genetic test can confirm or rule out a suspected genetic disorder or help identify a person’s chance of developing or passing on a genetic disorder. Genetic testing is becoming popular in China. It may benefit many different interest groups, such as individuals and families with a history of genetic disorder, pregnant women, employers, and health or life insurance. This market is currently driven by a number of factors such as rising awareness regarding the benefits of genetic testing, availability of direct to consumer tests and increasing incidences of genetic disorders.
Over the past few years, there has been a significant rise in the awareness levels regarding the benefits of genetic testing in China. Genetic testing provides various technologies that help in the early detection of various chronic diseases and ensures its treatment and prevention. Moreover, a rise in the availability of Direct to consumer tests (DTC) which has increased the convenience and accessibility of such tests is also creating a positive impact in the growth of the market. Moreover, In October, 2015, China announced that the iconic one-child policy had finally been replaced by a universal two-child policy. This is expected to increase the number of babies born each year and create a positive impact on the demand of the new born genetic testing segment. Other major factors that are expected to drive this market include growing middle class, aging population, and expanding healthcare system. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 4.33 Billion by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of 18.9% during 2018-2023.
Market Breakup by Test Type:
Based on the test type, the market has been divided as prenatal testing, newborn testing, diagnostic testing, carrier testing, predictive or presymptomatic testing and others. Amongst these, prenatal testing represents the biggest segment.
Market Breakup by Disease
Based on the disease, the market has been segmented into cancer, down syndrome, thalassemia and others. Amongst these, cancer represents the biggest segment.
Market Breakup by Technology
Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into cytogenetic, biochemical and molecular. Biochemical currently represents the biggest segment.
Market Breakup by Service Provider
Based on the service provider, the market has been segmented into hospital based Laboratories, independent laboratories and specialty clinics. Amongst these, hospital based Laboratories has the largest share.
Market Breakup by Testing Sample
Based on the testing samples, the market has been divided into blood, saliva, hair and others.
The report has also examined the competitive landscape of the China genetic testing market. Some of the major players include:
- Shenzhen Huada Gene Technology Co Ltd.
- Berry Genomics Co. ltd.
- Daan Gene Co. Ltd
- WuXi NextCODE
- Annoroad Gene Technology Co. Ltd.
- WuXi PharmaTech
This report provides a deep insight into the China genetic testing market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the China genetic testing market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the China genetic testing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the China genetic testing market based on the test type?
- What is the breakup of the China genetic testing market based on the disease?
- What is the breakup of the China genetic testing market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the China genetic testing market based on the service provider?
- What is the breakup of the China genetic testing market based on the testing sample?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the China genetic testing market?
- What are the key provinces in the China genetic testing market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the China genetic testing market?
- What is the structure of China genetic testing industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the China genetic testing market?