The global computed tomography market size reached US$ 4.4 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.20% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing awareness among the masses regarding early diagnosis, and the introduction of portable CT scanners represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Computed tomography (CT) refers to a medical imaging technique that utilizes x-rays to generate cross-sectional images of anatomy, also known as slices. It is performed using a scanner comprised of a patient bed and a motorized x-ray source that rotates around a donut-shaped structure called a gantry. CT collects successive slices and digitally stacks them to create a three-dimensional (3D) image of a patient using sophisticated software. It allows physicians to diagnose and monitor various medical conditions, such as cancer, infection, trauma, and cardiovascular diseases (CVDs). CT is also widely used to detect and locate lesions, injuries, pulmonary embolisms, tumors, hemorrhage, bone fractures, and excess fluids. As compared to conventional x-ray imaging, CT provides better quality, faster image processing, detects soft tissue damage, and eliminates overlapping issues with bones and organs.
Computed Tomography Market Trends:
The rising prevalence of chronic diseases due to smoking, alcohol consumption, unhealthy eating habits, and sedentary lifestyles across the globe is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. CT is widely used in the treatment, monitoring, and diagnosis of cancer, cardiovascular, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, and musculoskeletal diseases, as it can identify the location and size of the tumor, detect blockage in the arteries, monitor fractures, and guide various procedures, such as biopsies, radiation therapy, spinal surgeries, and joint injections. Furthermore, the increasing awareness among the masses regarding the importance of accurate and early diagnosis is facilitating the demand for CT scans to provide detailed and high-resolution images of organs and tissues, which aids healthcare professionals in identifying abnormalities and detecting diseases at nascent stages. Additionally, the introduction of portable CT scanners that are cost-effective, highly efficient, minimize transportation requirements, improve treatment processes, reduce risk, and enhance overall patient care, is positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the integration of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI)-based algorithms to automate and optimize the data acquisition process, which, in turn, improves image quality, enhances sensitivity, and reduces patients' exposure to radiation, is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for CT scans in minimally invasive (MI) and robotic surgical procedures to pre-operatively screen patients and determine the risk of morbidity and mortality is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including significant growth in the healthcare industry, increasing investment in the research and development (R&D) of advanced CT scanners, and rising demand for CT scans in dentistry, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global computed tomography market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, application, and end user.
- Low Slice
- Medium Slice
- High Slice
- Cone Beam
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the computed tomography market based on the type. This includes low slice, medium slice, high slice, and cone beam. According to the report, high slice represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the computed tomography market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes oncology, neurology, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, and others. According to the report, oncology accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Diagnostic Centers
A detailed breakup and analysis of the computed tomography market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, diagnostic centers, and others. According to the report, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for computed tomography. Some of the factors driving the North America computed tomography market included significant growth in the healthcare industry, rapid technological advancement, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global computed tomography market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Canon Medical Systems Corporation (Canon Inc.), FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, GE HealthCare (General Electric Company), Koning Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., NeuroLogica Corp. (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.), Neusoft Medical Systems Co. Ltd. (Neusoft Corporation), Planmeca Oy, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), Stryker Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Low Slice, Medium Slice, High Slice, Cone Beam
||Oncology, Neurology, Cardiovascular, Musculoskeletal, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Canon Medical Systems Corporation (Canon Inc.), FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, GE HealthCare (General Electric Company), Koning Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., NeuroLogica Corp. (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.), Neusoft Medical Systems Co. Ltd. (Neusoft Corporation), Planmeca Oy, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), Stryker Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global computed tomography market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global computed tomography market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global computed tomography market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive computed tomography market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the computed tomography market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the computed tomography market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the computed tomography market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global computed tomography market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global computed tomography market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the computed tomography market from 2017-2028
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global computed tomography market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the computed tomography industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.