The global congestive heart failure drugs market size reached US$ 7.52 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 16.08 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 12.80% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of obesity and cardiovascular problems, increasing geriatric population and unhealthy dietary habits represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Congestive heart failure is a medical condition that affects the pumping ability of the heart muscle. It is generally caused by hypertension, coronary artery disease, diabetes, obesity, and excessive alcohol consumption. Its symptoms include shortness of breath while lying down, weakness, fatigue, swelling in the abdomen, feet, and ankles, frequent urination at night, nausea, and difficulty in concentration. It can be prevented by maintaining a healthy weight, staying physically active, and controlling blood pressure and glycemic levels. Besides this, it is controlled using various prescribed drugs that help prevent blood clots, expand blood vessels, strengthen the contractions of the heart, and improve heart functioning. At present, ACE inhibitors, vasodilators, digitalis glycosides, diuretics, and beta-blockers are some of the most prescribed congestive heart failure drugs. Amongst these, ACE inhibitors prevent the formation of angiotensin, which causes blood vessels to constrict, and beta blockers block the actions of certain chemicals.
Presently, the increasing global geriatric population, which is highly susceptible to diabetes and chronic cardiovascular diseases, represents one of the major factors positively influencing the market. In addition, excessive smoking and drinking of alcoholic beverages, coupled with unhealthy dietary habits of individuals, increases the risks of heart problems, which is catalyzing the demand for congestive heart failure drugs across the globe. This, coupled with the rising occurrence of heart problems due to obesity and lack of physical activity, is currently strengthening the growth of the market. Furthermore, the increasing awareness among individuals about the benefits of early diagnosis and treatment of heart disease is creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, the escalating demand for effective drugs and treatment and their approval from authorized agencies offer lucrative growth opportunities to the leading market players. Moreover, initiatives undertaken by governments of various countries to improve healthcare infrastructure and provide optimal care to patients are contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, the expansion of pharmacies in hospitals and residential areas and the burgeoning e-commerce industry providing easy availability of medicines at affordable rates and the facility of secured online payment methods are expected to propel the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global congestive heart failure drugs market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on drug class, route of administration, and distribution channel.
Drug Class Insights:
- ACE Inhibitors
- Angiotensin 2 Receptor Blockers
- Beta Blockers
- Aldosterone Antagonists
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the congestive heart failure drugs market based on the drug class. This includes ACE inhibitors, angiotensin 2 receptor blockers, beta blockers, diuretics, aldosterone antagonists, inotropes, and others. According to the report, ACE inhibitors represented the largest segment.
Route of Administration Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the congestive heart failure drugs market based on the route of administration has also been provided in the report. This includes oral and intravenous. According to the report, the oral route of administration accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the congestive heart failure drugs market based on the route of administration has also been provided in the report. This includes hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. According to the report, hospital pharmacies accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (The United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for congestive heart failure drugs. Some of the factors driving the North America market included the development of healthcare infrastructure, increasing cases of heart failure and the easy availability of technologically advanced devices and innovative drugs.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global congestive heart failure drugs market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include AstraZeneca PLC, Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (C.H. Boehringer Sohn Ag & Co. KG), Novartis AG, etc. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Drug Class, Route of Administration, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AstraZeneca PLC, Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (C.H. Boehringer Sohn Ag & Co. KG), Novartis AG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global congestive heart failure drugs market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global congestive heart failure drugs market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive congestive heart failure drugs markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the drug class?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- What is the breakup of the market based on distribution channels?
- What is the competitive structure of the global congestive heart failure drugs market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global heart failure drugs market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the congestive heart failure drugs market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global congestive heart failure drugs market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the congestive heart failure drugs industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.