The global cyber weapons market size reached US$ 54.29 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 93.06 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.10% during 2023-2028. Extensive research and development (R&D) activities, surging demand for offensive and defensive cyber weapons, and rapid technological advancements represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Cyber weapons refer to the tools, techniques, and technologies used to carry out cyber-attacks. Malware, viruses, worms, trojans, and ransomware are some of the common cyber weapons. They are designed to cause damage, steal information, or disrupt the normal functioning of digital systems. Cyber weapons are used to disrupt critical infrastructure such as power grids, transportation systems, and financial networks and steal sensitive information, such as trade secrets, intellectual property, and confidential government or military data. They are efficient, cost-effective, versatile, adaptable, can be deployed quickly, and have the potential to cause immediate damage or disruption. As a result, cyber weapons are commonly used in national defensive, industrial control, communication network, automated transportation, and smart power grid systems.
Cyber Weapons Market Trends:
The increasing tensions between nation-states and the growing number of state-sponsored cyberattacks are among the key factors driving the market growth. In line with this, the rising demand for violating the privacy of the target and securing the sovereignty of the host nation is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the offensive usage of cyber weapons by cybercriminals and defensive use by law enforcement officials is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) to automate the process of finding vulnerabilities in systems and gathering intelligence data, then crafting and launching spear phishing attacks, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of machine learning (ML) algorithms to automate and optimize attacks, help extract credentials, and then intelligently select the next best target to pursue is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing demand for cyber weapons in critical infrastructures such as power grids, water treatment plants, transportation systems, and financial networks that are essential for the functioning of modern society and are widely dependent on digital technology, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, the growing interconnectedness of systems and the increasing utilization of the Internet of Things (IoT) has created new vulnerabilities and attack surfaces for cybercriminals and other malicious actors, which in turn is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Other factors, including the continuous evolution of cyber weapons as a warfare tool, surging demand for offensive and defensive cyber weapons, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are anticipated to drive the market growth further.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global cyber weapons market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cyber weapons market based on the type. This includes defensive and offensive. According to the report, defensive represented the largest segment.
- National Defensive System
- Industrial Control System
- Communication Network
- Automated Transportation System
- Smart Power Grid
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cyber weapons market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes national defensive system, industrial control system, communication network, automated transportation system, smart power grid and others. According to the report, national defensive system accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for cyber weapons. Some of the factors driving the North America cyber weapons market included surging demand for offensive and defensive cyber weapons, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and significant technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global cyber weapons market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Airbus SE, BAE Systems plc, Cisco Systems Inc., General Dynamics Corporation, Kaspersky Lab, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Mandiant Inc. (Google LLC), Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, The Boeing Co., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Cyber Weapons Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||National Defensive System, Industrial Control System, Communication Network, Automated Transportation System, Smart Power Grid, Others
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Airbus SE, BAE Systems plc, Cisco Systems Inc., General Dynamics Corporation, Kaspersky Lab, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Mandiant Inc. (Google LLC), Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, The Boeing Co., etc
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cyber weapons market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cyber weapons market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global cyber weapons market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive cyber weapons market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the cyber weapons market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the cyber weapons market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global cyber weapons market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global cyber weapons market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the cyber weapons market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global cyber weapons market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the cyber weapons industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.