The global defense electronics market size reached US$ 158.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 219.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.80% during 2023-2028. The increasing geopolitical tensions and security threats, rising demand for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and enhanced focus on research and development (R&D) activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 158.1 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 219.4 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Defense electronics refers to components and systems specifically designed for technological support in military applications. It includes radar systems, communication systems, surveillance systems, electronic warfare, and weapons systems. These systems and technologies are used for detecting and tracking enemy targets, communicating with troops and allies, disrupting enemy communication and navigation systems, and gathering intelligence. Defense electronics involves the development, production, and use of electronic systems and devices to enhance the capabilities of defense forces and ensure national security. It assists in enhancing situational awareness, improving communication, increasing precision, and safety, safeguarding military information and systems from cyber threats, and reducing the risk to military personnel.
Defense Electronics Market Trends:
The increasing geopolitical tensions and security threats across the globe are driving the defense electronics market. In line with this, various countries are heavily investing in n defense electronics to enhance their military capabilities, protect national interests, and maintain a strategic advantage over potential adversaries, which in turn is favoring the market growth. Additionally, manufacturers and key players are launching advanced electronic systems and components used in command and control systems, radar and sonar systems, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and navigation systems to meet the changing needs of the military, which is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to enhance autonomous capabilities, enable intelligent decision-making, improve target recognition and tracking, and enhance situational awareness in complex environments is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the rising demand for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs), and autonomous systems in the military and defense sectors are positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including growing investment in research, development, and procurement of advanced defense electronic systems, rapid technological advancements, and increasing investment by governments and defense organizations in technologies that can defend against cyberattacks, protect sensitive data, and secure critical infrastructure, are propelling the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global defense electronics market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on equipment and usage.
- C4ISR Systems
- Weapon Systems
- Electro-Optical and Infrared (EO/IR) Systems
- Military Simulators
- Radar Systems
- Electronic Warfare
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the defense electronics market based on the equipment. This includes C4ISR systems, weapon systems, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) systems, military simulators, radar systems, avionics, electronic warfare, and others. According to the report, avionics represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the defense electronics market based on the usage has also been provided in the report. This includes land, air, naval and space. According to the report, air accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for defense electronics. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific defense electronics market included rising demand for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), increasing geopolitical tensions and security threats, and various technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global defense electronics market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include BAE Systems plc, Bharat Electronics Limited, Hensoldt AG, Honeywell International Inc., Indra Sistemas SA, L3Harris Technologies Inc, Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Rheinmetall AG, Saab AB, Thales Group, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||C4ISR Systems, Weapon Systems, Electro-Optical and Infrared (EO/IR) Systems , Military Simulators, Radar Systems, Avionics, Electronic Warfare, Others
||Land, Air, Naval, Space
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BAE Systems plc, Bharat Electronics Limited, Hensoldt AG, Honeywell International Inc., Indra Sistemas SA, L3Harris Technologies Inc, Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Rheinmetall AG, Saab AB, Thales Group, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global defense electronics market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global defense electronics market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global defense electronics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive defense electronics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the equipment?
- Which is the most attractive equipment in the defense electronics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the usage?
- Which is the most attractive usage in the defense electronics market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global defense electronics market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global defense electronics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the defense electronics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global defense electronics market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the defense electronics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.