The global dental CAD/CAM market size reached US$ 2.79 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.96 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% during 2023-2028. The increasing geriatric population, rising incidences of tooth loss, and significant growth in the healthcare industry represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Dental computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) refer to the software program used by dental professionals to perform complex dental procedures. It is widely used to construct restorations like crowns, inlays, onlays, veneers, bridges, dentures, and implant-supported restorations from high-strength ceramic. Dental CAD/CAM is also used to fabricate abutments for dental implants to replace missing teeth. These systems help to capture, scan and record data about the oral environment, such as tooth preparation, adjacent teeth, and occluding tooth geometry. Dental CAD/CAM offers improved accuracy, shorter waiting time, minimized outsourcing costs, fast and accurate production, and assists in streamlining treatment and providing greater efficiency in complex treatments. As a result, these systems find extensive applications across dental clinics, laboratories, and milling centers.
Dental CAD/CAM Market Trends:
The rising incidences of tooth loss across the globe are creating a positive outlook for the market. Dental CAD/CAM is widely used to prepare custom three-dimensional (3D) images of teeth by digitally scanning impressions to produce more accurate dental restoration. Additionally, the growing prevalence of dental illnesses due to the consumption of junk food and sugary snacks and beverages is acting as another growth-inducing factor. In line with this, the rising consciousness among the masses regarding maintaining adequate oral hygiene and increasing oral health problems, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of advanced dental CAD/CAM systems that offer a smoother workflow by adding features, such as real-time communications and auto case status update timeline, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product adoption to perform various procedures and treat disorders related to teeth while offering better patient comfort, reduced procedure time, and improved quality is facilitating the market growth. Along with this, the increasing popularity of cosmetic dentistry due to the increasing inclination toward bridge or crown placement procedures for aesthetic dentistry is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, key players are focusing on the launch of premium design software for creating dental prosthetics, which, in turn, is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including rising expenditure capacities of consumers, increasing geriatric population, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and significant expansion in the healthcare industry, are supporting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global dental CAD/CAM market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, type, and end use.
- Milling Machines
- Dental 3D Printers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the dental CAD/CAM market based on the component. This includes hardware (milling machines, dental 3D printers, and scanners) and software (cloud/web-based and on-premises). According to the report, hardware represented the largest segment.
- In-Lab Systems
- In-Office Systems
A detailed breakup and analysis of the dental CAD/CAM market based on the type has also been provided in the report. This includes in-lab and in-office systems. According to the report, in-lab systems accounted for the largest market share.
End Use Insight:
- Dental Clinics
- Dental Laboratories
- Dental Milling Centers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the dental CAD/CAM market based on the end use. This includes dental clinics, laboratories and milling centers. According to the report, dental clinics represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for dental CAD/CAM. Some of the factors driving the North America dental CAD/CAM market included the increasing prevalence of dental illnesses and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global dental CAD/CAM market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include 3Shape A/S, Amann Girrbach AG, Axsys Dental Solutions, Datron AG, Dentsply Sirona Inc., Envista Holdings Corporation, Hexagon AB, Institut Straumann AG, Medit Corp., Planmeca Oy, Roland DG Corporation, Yenadent, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Hardware: Milling Machines, Dental 3D Printers, Scanners
- Software: Cloud/Web-based, On-premises
||In-Lab Systems, In-Office Systems
|End Use Covered
||Dental Clinics, Dental Laboratories, Dental Milling Centers
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3Shape A/S, Amann Girrbach AG, Axsys Dental Solutions, Datron AG, Dentsply Sirona Inc., Envista Holdings Corporation, Hexagon AB, Institut Straumann AG, Medit Corp., Planmeca Oy, Roland DG Corporation, Yenadent, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global dental CAD/CAM market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global dental CAD/CAM market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive dental CAD/CAM markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use?
- What is the competitive structure of the global dental CAD/CAM market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global dental CAD/CAM market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the dental CAD/CAM market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global dental CAD/CAM market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the dental CAD/CAM industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.