The global digital pathology market size reached US$ 850.2 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,531.1 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% during 2023-2028.
Digital pathology (DP) is a dynamic and image-based system that facilitates acquisition, management and interpretation of information related to human and animal pathology. It processes digital data through scanners, information management systems, storage devices, visualizing software and web and cloud-based communication systems. The DP systems analyze high-resolution samples and store digital slides on a server or the cloud. This enables the pathologists to cross-examine slides in the absence of physical evidence. They also aid in minimizing costs and improving the accuracy of the test results. Consequently, they find extensive application in teleconsultation, disease diagnosis and drug discovery across the educational, medical and pharmaceutical industries.
The rising trend of digitization, along with the increasing adoption of telepathology across the globe, is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Telepathology aids in faster and efficient disease diagnosis and ease in consultation, owing to which it is rapidly being incorporated across various healthcare and diagnostic centers. Furthermore, the rising prevalence of chronic medical ailments, such as cancer, is also providing a boost to the market growth. Additionally, various technological advancements, including the integration of Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and the introduction of digital imaging, robotic light microscopy and multiple fiber-optic communications, are impacting the market positively. Other factors, including rising geriatric population and extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the pharmaceutical and bioscience sectors, are projected to drive the market further.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global digital pathology market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, type, delivery model, end-user and application.
Breakup by Product:
- Storage Systems
- Communication Systems
Breakup by Type:
- Human Pathology
- Veterinary Pathology
Breakup by Delivery Model:
Breakup by Application:
- Training and Education
- Consulting Services
- Intraoperative Consultation
- Routine Diagnostic Consultation Services
Breakup by End-User:
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Hospitals and Reference Laboratories
- Academic & Research Institutes
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being DHISTECH, Apollo Enterprise Imaging, Corista, Hamamatsu Photonics, Huron Digital Pathology, Indica Labs, Koninklijke Philips, Leica Biosystems, Objective Pathology Services, Ventana Medical Systems, Visiopharm and XIFIN, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Type, Delivery Model, End-User, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates
||DHISTECH, Apollo Enterprise Imaging, Corista, Hamamatsu Photonics, Huron Digital Pathology, Indica Labs, Koninklijke Philips, Leica Biosystems, Objective Pathology Services, Ventana Medical Systems, Visiopharm and XIFIN
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global digital pathology market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global digital pathology industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global digital pathology market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the delivery model?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of the global digital pathology industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the market?