The global DM in automotive market size reached US$ 9.35 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 13.78 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.64% during 2023-2028. The increasing adoption of digital technologies in the automotive industry, rising demand for customization, growing focus on quality enhancement and enhanced focus on research and development (R&D) activities, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Digital manufacturing (DM) in the automotive industry refers to the integration of digital technologies and processes into the manufacturing of automobiles. It involves the use of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, automation, the Internet of Things (IoT), and data analytics to optimize and improve various stages of the automotive manufacturing process. It is widely used to optimize and streamline the processes involved in producing vehicles. DM in automotive helps to improve cost-efficiency, productivity and efficiency through automation and optimization, and enhance product quality and reliability through advanced simulations and data analysis.
DM in Automotive Market Trends:
The increasing demand for customization is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the rising consumer inclination toward personalized vehicles with specific features and options is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, manufacturers are incorporating digital manufacturing technologies to enable faster prototyping, virtual testing, and simulation, which significantly reduce product development cycles. Apart from this, rapid advancements in digital technologies, such as additive manufacturing, robotics, automation, artificial intelligence (AI), and data analytics, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, digital manufacturing technologies enable the efficient use of resources, waste reduction, and lower energy consumption, contributing to sustainable and environmentally friendly manufacturing practices, which in turn is propelling the market growth. Besides this, the increasing adoption of DM techniques for early identification of design flaws, improving product quality, and optimizing manufacturing processes is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including growing digitalization, increasing focus on quality enhancement, rising environmental consciousness, and enhanced focus on research and development (R&D) activities, are supporting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global DM in automotive market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the DM in automotive market based on the type. This includes software and services. According to the report, software represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the DM in automotive market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes OEMs and aftermarket. According to the report, OEMs accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for DM in automotive. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific DM in automotive market included rising sales of automobiles, the increasing focus on quality enhancement, and the widespreaad adoption of digital technologies in the automotive industry.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global DM in automotive market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Autodesk Inc., Dassault Systèmes, PTC Inc., SAP SE, Siemens AG, Simul8 Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Autodesk Inc., Dassault Systèmes, PTC Inc., SAP SE, Siemens AG, and Simul8 Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global DM in automotive market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global DM in automotive market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global DM in automotive market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive DM in automotive market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the DM in automotive market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the DM in automotive market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global DM in automotive market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global DM in automotive market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the DM in automotive market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global DM in automotive market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the DM in automotive industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.