The East Africa alcoholic beverages market is expected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5% during 2023-2028.
An alcoholic beverage refers to a drink prepared by mixing ethanol with fermented fruits, grains, sugar, etc. Some of the common product variants include beer, wine, rum, whiskey, brandy, vodka, gin, etc.
The elevating levels of urbanization coupled with the rising influence of western culture are propelling the demand for alcoholic beverages in the region. Furthermore, the improving consumer living standards supported by their increasing disposable income levels are also augmenting the market growth. Several regional manufacturers are introducing numerous innovative flavors catering to changing consumer tastes and preferences. Additionally, numerous brick-and-mortar alcohol shops in the region are adopting online retail platforms for increasing their product sales and reaching out to a larger consumer base. Moreover, the growing penetration of several international key players has led to the introduction of premium products in the regional market. In line with this, the rising investments by these foreign brands in expanding their market presence through local distributors and subsidiaries are also bolstering the market growth in the region.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the East Africa alcoholic beverages market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, type, packaging type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Product:
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Packaging Type:
- Glass Bottles
- Plastic Bottles
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Liquor Stores
- Restaurants, Hotels, & Bar
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Online Retailing
Breakup by Country:
- South Sudan
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the keyplayers being Africa Spirits Limited (ASL), Diageo, EABL, ELLE KENYA, Kenya Wine Agencies Limited, Nile Breweries Ltd.,Tanzania Breweries Limited and Vinepack Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Million, Million Hectoliters
||Product, Type, Packaging Type, Distribution Channel, Country
||Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, Others
||Africa Spirits Limited (ASL), Diageo, EABL, ELLE KENYA, Kenya Wine Agencies Limited, Nile Breweries Ltd.,Tanzania Breweries Limited and Vinepack Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the East Africa alcoholic beverages market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the major countries in the East Africa alcoholic beverages market?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on the East Africa alcoholic beverages market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of the East Africa alcoholic beverages market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the market?