The global electronic dictionary market size reached US$ 6.4 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 13.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 12.8% during 2023-2028. The increasing adoption of smart interactive learning concepts among the masses, the emerging trend of outsourcing of e-learning resources, and the growing need for fluency over the English language represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Electronic dictionary databases with software dictionaries are extensive and can contain up to 500,000 headwords and definitions, verb conjugation tables, and a grammar reference section. They can be used in the form of a language translation feature that helps in getting a better understanding of the various meanings of words. Bilingual electronic dictionaries and monolingual dictionaries of inflected languages often include an interactive verb conjugator and are capable of word stemming and lemmatization. They assist students by providing them with words that have a similar context or meaning when it comes to their usage. This technology is also used by specially abled children for catering to specific kinds of learning disabilities, along with aiding them overcome various facial and behavioral challenges and assisting them with intellectual impairment. Electronic dictionaries can be found in several forms, including software installed on tablet or desktop computers, mobile apps, web applications, and as a built-in function in E-readers, dedicated handheld devices, paid online products, and others.
Electronic Dictionary Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing need for fluency in the English language and having a better vocabulary. This can be attributed to the widespread adoption of English as the official language for several countries across the globe. Moreover, a considerable rise in e-learning solutions resulting in a high consumer base is propelling the demand for electronic dictionary. In addition to this, the increasing adoption of smart interactive learning concepts among the masses, particularly the younger population, is impacting the market positively. The emerging trend of outsourcing of e-learning resources by large-scale companies is also acting as another growth-inducing factor for the electronic dictionary market. Favorable government initiatives promoting the building and improvement of school infrastructure for providing a better quality of education to the students are further creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, the increasing adoption of cloud-based services in the education industry, along with the popularity of ed-tech platforms, is providing an impetus to the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, the rising number of remote education centers, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by the key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global electronic dictionary market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, display type and screen size.
- Student Dictionaries
- Business and Travel Dictionaries
- Professional Electronic Dictionaries
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the electronic dictionary market based on the type. This includes student dictionaries, business and travel dictionaries, and professional electronic dictionaries. According to the report, business and travel dictionaries represented the largest segment.
Display Type Insights
- Touch Display
- Keyboards and Stylus
- Tablets Computers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the electronic dictionary market based on the display type. This includes touch display, LCDs, keyboards and stylus, tablets computers, and others. According to the report, LCDs represented the largest segment.
Screen Size Insights
- Below 2.8 Inch
- Between 3-3.5 Inch
- Between 4.3-5.2 Inch
- Above 5.5 Inch
A detailed breakup and analysis of the electronic dictionary market based on the screen size has also been provided in the report. This includes below 2.8 inch, between 3-3.5 inch, between 4.3-5.2 inch, and above 5.5 inch. According to the report, below 2.8 inch accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for electronic dictionary. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific electronic dictionary market include the rising need for fluency over English language, considerable rise in the e-learning industry, favorable government initiatives promoting the building and improvement of school infrastructure, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global electronic dictionary market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Alfa Link, Besta (Ellton Enterprise Pte Ltd), Canon Electronic Business Machines (H.K.) Co. Ltd. (Canon Inc.), ECTACO Inc., Hanvon Technology Co. Ltd, iFLYTEK Corporation, Vasco Electronic LLC, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Student Dictionaries, Business and Travel Dictionaries, Professional Electronic Dictionaries
|Display Types Covered
||Touch Display, LCDs, Keyboards and Stylus, Tablets Computers, Others
|Screen Sizes Covered
||Below 2.8 Inch, Between 3-3.5 Inch, Between 4.3-5.2 Inch, Above 5.5 Inch
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alfa Link, Besta (Ellton Enterprise Pte Ltd), Canon Electronic Business Machines (H.K.) Co. Ltd. (Canon Inc.), ECTACO Inc., Hanvon Technology Co. Ltd, iFLYTEK Corporation, Vasco Electronic LLC, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global electronic dictionary market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global electronic dictionary market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive electronic dictionary markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the display type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on screen size?
- What is the competitive structure of the global electronic dictionary market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global electronic dictionary market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the electronic dictionary market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global electronic dictionary market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the electronic dictionary industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.