The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Europe Biopsy Devices Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the Europe biopsy devices market is currently witnessing moderate growth. Biopsy devices are diagnostic tools widely utilized to detect breast, skin, prostate, and other kinds of cancer. These devices help acquire tissue samples of the diseased part of the patient presumed to have cancer. Biopsy devices are increasingly used by surgeons, radiologists, and interventional cardiologists to perform procedures on body organs such as the lungs, liver, skin and kidneys. The usage of biopsy devices varies according to the type of organ under consideration. Earlier, conventional biopsy devices were used, including aspiration needles, forceps, and localization wires. However, advanced imaging technologies are used nowadays, which help in performing the biopsy with minimal invasiveness and higher accuracy. As a result, they find application in healthcare institutions, medical clinics, and diagnostic centers.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Europe Biopsy Devices Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of cancer and the rising geriatric population across Europe. Besides this, the growing awareness regarding the need for early diagnosis of chronic diseases is propelling the demand for integrated biopsy technologies. As a result, individuals are opting for minimally invasive treatment due to comparatively less pain and a faster recovery rate. In addition to this, the European Union (EU) is undertaking initiatives to uplift the healthcare sector in the region. For instance, the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program rewarded €6.3 Million for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) research and liquid biopsy. They are also extensively investing in procuring high-quality medical tools and devices like biopsy devices. Furthermore, the advancements in healthcare infrastructure and inflating disposable incomes of individuals are positively impacting the market growth across the European region. Looking forward, the market is expected to continue its moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the procedure type, the market has been bifurcated into surgical and needle biopsies.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into biopsy guidance systems, needle-based biopsy guns, biopsy needles, biopsy forceps, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into breast, lung, colorectal, prostate and other biopsies.
- On the basis of the guidance technique, the market has been segregated into ultrasound-, stereotactic-, MRI-, and other-guided biopsies.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals and clinics, academic and research institutes, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with the detailed profiles of the key players operative in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800