The Europe dark chocolate market is currently witnessing steady growth.On account of these factors, the market is expected to continue its steady growth during the forecast period (2021-2026). Dark chocolate is a bittersweet or semisweet variation of chocolate. It is an excellent source of flavonoids and antioxidants, which contribute to its pigment and create a rich and intense flavor. Dark chocolate is used to manufacture a wide variety of products, including chocolate bars, candies and baking chocolate. In Europe, manufacturers have launched low-calorie, sugar-free and functional dark chocolates for health-conscious consumers across the region.
The Europe dark chocolate market is primarily driven by the increasing health consciousness among consumers as they have become more aware about the health benefits associated with the consumption of dark chocolate. It reduces blood pressure, improves blood flow to the brain and heart, and makes blood platelets less sticky and non-agglomerated. It also increases good cholesterol (HDL) levels and protects LDL against oxidation, thus lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Besides this, the rising popularity of organic dark chocolate has prompted manufacturers to incorporate organic ingredients and natural sweeteners, thereby positively impacting the market. Moreover, market players are introducing new dark chocolate packs with a longer shelf life and reduced transportation risks to attract price-sensitive consumers.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Europe dark chocolate market report, along with forecasts for growth at the region level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region and distribution channel.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Non-Grocery Retailers
Breakup by Country:
- United Kingdom
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe dark chocolate market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe dark chocolate market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Europe dark chocolate market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?