The Europe footwear market size reached US$ 85.0 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 87.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% during 2023-2028. The rising demand for high-end and premium footwear, high-income levels, and the increasing popularity of fashionable footwear represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Europe Footwear Market Size in 2022
|US$ 85.0 Billion
Europe Footwear Market Forecast in 2028
|US$ 87.8 Billion
|Europe Footwear Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Footwear is a type of garment generally worn on the feet. It is essential to everyday life, protecting against sharp objects, extreme weather, and other hazards. It also plays an important role in fashion and is often used to make a fashion statement. It comes in a variety of styles and can be manufactured from materials, such as leather, plastic, rubber, cloth and canvas. Additionally, it also comes in a wide range of sizes and widths, with some available in specialty sizes for those with wide feet. It is specifically designed and manufactured to provide protection from the environment and also to enhance the wearer's appearance. As a result, it is an integral part of both fashion and can be a great way to express individual style. Some of the commercially available footwear includes shoes, boots, sandals, clogs, sneakers, mules, and slippers.
Europe Footwear Market Trends:
The shifting consumer preference toward high-end and premium footwear ranges majorly drives the market in Europe. This can be supported by the strong income levels of the masses and growing expenditure on fashionable items. Furthermore, consumers are willing to pay more for premium products that offer high-quality and unique designs, which has encouraged leading companies to introduce fashionable and high-end footwear to meet this rising demand and gain a foothold in the luxury market, further impacting the footwear market across the region. Along with this, consumers are becoming more conscious of the environmental impact of their purchases, thus choosing to buy products that have been produced using sustainable or recycled materials, which, in turn, is contributing to the demand. Moreover, numerous leading players are heavily investing in the development of durable, comfortable, and stylish footwear for children is also driving the market. Apart from this, various athletes require specialized footwear to support their activities, such as running, hiking, and playing sports, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the emergence of online shopping, making it easier for consumers to compare prices and find the perfect pair of shoes, is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the market include the growing spending on aggressive marketing strategies and celebrity endorsements.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Europe footwear market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, material, distribution channel, pricing and end user.
- Non-Athletic Footwear
- Athletic Footwear
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the Europe footwear market based on the product. This includes non-athletic footwear and athletic footwear. According to the report, non-athletic footwear represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the Europe footwear market based on the material has also been provided in the report. This includes rubber, leather, plastic, fabric, and others. According to the report, leather accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Footwear Specialists
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Departmental Stores
- Clothing Stores
- Online Sales
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the Europe footwear market based on the distribution channel. This includes footwear specialists, supermarkets and hypermarkets, departmental stores, clothing stores, online sales, and others. According to the report, footwear specialists are dominating the market.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the Europe footwear market based on the pricing has also been provided in the report. This includes premium and mass. According to the report, mass pricing exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
End User Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the Europe footwear market based on the end user. This includes men, women, and kids. According to the report, women presently account for the largest market share.
Breakup by Country:
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and Others. According to the report, Germany was the largest market for footwear. Some of the factors driving the Germany footwear market included the presence of large players, rapid industrialization, and technological advancements, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Europe footwear market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Material, Distribution Channel, Pricing, End User, Country
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe footwear market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the Europe footwear market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the Europe footwear market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive Europe footwear market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the Europe footwear market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- Which is the most attractive material in the Europe footwear market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the Europe footwear market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the pricing?
- Which is the most attractive pricing in the Europe footwear market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the Europe footwear market?
- What is the competitive structure of the Europe footwear market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the Europe footwear market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe footwear market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe footwear market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe footwear industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.