The Europe halal food market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.20% during 2023-2028. The demographic shift of growing Muslim population in Europe, the rising popularity of halal products among non-Muslim individuals, the increasing emphasis on transparency and traceability in the food industry, rapid globalization of trade and the increasing interconnectedness of markets represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Halal food refers to food and beverages that are prepared, processed, and stored in accordance with Islamic dietary laws and regulations. Halal food is considered pure and clean, adhering to specific guidelines outlined in the Quran. The main characteristic of halal food is that it excludes any ingredients derived from prohibited sources, such as pork, alcohol, and certain types of meat not slaughtered according to Islamic rituals. The properties of halal food involve strict requirements regarding the sourcing and processing of ingredients. Halal meat, for instance, must come from animals that are healthy and slaughtered by a Muslim, who performs a ritual slaughter called "zabiha." This process involves cutting the throat of the animal swiftly and precisely to minimize pain and suffering. Obtaining halal food certification involves rigorous inspection and monitoring by recognized halal certification bodies, and is governed by a set of principles that ensure its compliance with Islamic dietary laws. These bodies ensure that the entire food supply chain, including sourcing, transportation, storage, and preparation, follows the prescribed halal guidelines.
Europe Halal Food Market Trends:
The market in Europe is majorly driven by the demographic shift of growing Muslim population in Europe. With an increasing number of Muslims residing in European countries, there is a rising need for halal-certified food that caters to their dietary requirements. In line with this, the rising popularity of halal products among non-Muslim individuals with the growing preference for ethical sourcing, perceived quality, cleanliness, and adherence to stringent standards is fueling the market. Also, the increasing emphasis on transparency and traceability in the food industry is augmenting the demand for halal-certified products, as they provide reassurance regarding the sourcing and processing methods. Additionally, the globalization of trade and the increasing interconnectedness of markets is leading to the rapid expansion of halal food exports from Europe to Muslim-majority countries. Moreover, the emergence of e-commerce platforms and online food delivery services resulting in higher convenience and accessibility to halal food products is contributing to the market by reaching a broader customer base. Furthermore, the growing number of strategic collaborations and partnerships among major food manufacturers, particularly multinational food corporations, distributors, and halal certification bodies are creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the inflating disposable income levels of consumers, the increasing influence of social media in consumer preferences, the considerable rise in halal tourism, favorable government initiatives promoting halal certification, and the integration of technology in halal food production.
Europe Halal Food Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe halal food market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and distribution channel.
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Dairy Products
- Cereals and Grains
- Oil, Fats and Waxes
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product. This includes meat, poultry and seafood, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, cereals and grains, oil, fats and waxes, confectionery, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Traditional Retailers
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes traditional retailers, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online, and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Europe halal food market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Halal Food Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
||Meat, Poultry and Seafood, Fruits and Vegetables, Dairy Products, Cereals and Grains, Oil, Fats and Waxes, Confectionery, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Traditional Retailers, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Online, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe halal food market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe halal food market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe halal food market on the basis of product?
- What is the breakup of the Europe halal food market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe halal food market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe halal food market?
- What is the structure of the Europe halal food market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe halal food market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe halal food market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe halal food market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe halal food industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.