The Europe scintillator market size reached US$ 145.9 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 184.5 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% during 2023-2028.
A scintillator is a material that collides with an incoming particle and absorbs high-energy photons and incident particles to emit pulses of light. It is made using organic and inorganic crystals, organic liquids, and noble and scintillating gases. As it is cost-efficient and offers fast response time, it is widely used in Europe to detect particles in nuclear and particle physics.
The rising incidences of lifestyle diseases, along with the increasing integration of scintillators in various medical equipment, represents one of the key factors impelling the market growth. Moreover, scintillators are employed in the defense and military sectors to strengthen homeland security. Apart from this, they are used to detect high-intensity gamma radiation and monitor nuclear material and waste. This, in confluence with the rising adoption of alternative energy sources, is escalating the demand for scintillators across the region. Furthermore, the increasing number of nuclear power reactors and rising investments in research and development (R&D) projects are contributing to the market growth. In line with this, there has been a rise in the demand for scintillators for developing airborne radiation mapping platforms for detecting radionuclides in case of nuclear power plant failure.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Europe scintillator market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on composition of material, end product and application.
Breakup by Composition of Material:
- In-Organic Scintillators
- Alkali Halides
- Oxide Based Scintillators
- Organic Scintillators
- Single Crystal
- Liquid Scintillators
- Plastic Scintillators
Breakup by End Product:
- Personal or Pocket Size Instruments
- Hand-Held Instruments
- Fixed, Installed, and Automatic Instruments
Breakup by Application:
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Manufacturing Industries
- Homeland Security and Defense
Breakup by Country:
- United Kingdom
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Composition of Material, End Product, Application, Country
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe scintillator market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe scintillator market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the composition of material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Europe scintillator market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?