The Europe semiconductor market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.10% during 2023-2028. The growing purchases of electric vehicles (EVs), increasing integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) in automating various industrial operations to improve productivity, and rising utilization of wearable devices to track steps represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A semiconductor is a material that has electrical conductivity existing between an insulator and a conductor. It possesses a crystalline structure and exhibits a moderate level of electrical conductivity, making it suitable for various electronic applications. It is composed of elements, such as silicon (Si), germanium (Ge), gallium arsenide (GaAs), and others. It is commercially available as N-type semiconductors which have an excess of electrons and p-type semiconductors, which have an excess of holes. It forms the basis of electronic devices, such as transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits (ICs), which are essential in smartphones, televisions, and other electronic gadgets. It is the primary component in microprocessors and microcontrollers, driving the functioning of modern computing devices. It allows for more energy-efficient electronic systems, leading to reduced power consumption and longer battery life. Furthermore, as it is used in photovoltaic solar cells to convert sunlight into electricity, the demand for semiconductor is rising in Europe.
Europe Semiconductor Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for semiconductors that have a longer lifespan, higher reliability, and lower failure rates compared to many other electronic components represents one of the vital factors influencing the market positively in Europe. Moreover, rising purchases of electric vehicles (EVs), as they are sustainable and prevent the emissions of harmful vehicular exhausts in the air, are strengthening the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing utilization of LED lighting in commercial places, such as malls, supermarkets, hypermarkets, stadiums, bridges, and roads, is offering a positive market outlook in Europe. Additionally, the rising demand for power semiconductors, microcontrollers, and sensors in the automotive industry to improve the functionalities of vehicles is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors in the region. In line with this, the increasing integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) in automating various industrial operations to improve productivity and reduce manual errors is impelling the market growth in Europe. Besides this, the rising demand for sophisticated semiconductors with high-speed processing, energy efficiency, and complex task-handling capabilities is propelling the market growth in the region. In addition, the increasing miniaturization of various electronic devices, along with the rising utilization of wearable devices to track steps, sleep cycles, and heart rates, is bolstering the growth of the market. Furthermore, governing agencies in the region are undertaking initiatives to implement the European Chips Act, which aims to address semiconductor supply shortages and increase the share of microchip production.
Europe Semiconductor Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe semiconductor market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on components, materials used, and end user.
- Memory Devices
- Logic Devices
- Analog IC
- Discrete Power Devices
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the components. This includes memory devices, logic devices, analog IC, MPU, discrete power devices, MCU, sensors, and others.
Material Used Insights:
- Silicon Carbide
- Gallium Manganese Arsenide
- Copper Indium Gallium Selenide
- Molybdenum Disulfide
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the material used has also been provided in the report. This includes silicon carbide, gallium manganese arsenide, copper indium gallium selenide, molybdenum disulfide, and others.
End User Insights:
- Data Center
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes automotive, industrial, data center, telecommunication, consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, healthcare, and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Semiconductor Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Material Used
- End user
||Memory Devices, Logic Devices, Analog IC, MPU, Discrete Power Devices, MCU, Sensors,Others
|Materials Used Covered
||Silicon Carbide, Gallium Manganese Arsenide, Copper Indium Gallium Selenide, Molybdenum Disulfide, Others
|End Users Covered
||Automotive, Industrial, Data Center, Telecommunication, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Healthcare, Others
||Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe semiconductor market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe semiconductor market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe semiconductor market on the basis of components?
- What is the breakup of the Europe semiconductor market on the basis of material used?
- What is the breakup of the Europe semiconductor market on the basis of end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe semiconductor market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe semiconductor market?
- What is the structure of the Europe semiconductor market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe semiconductor market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe semiconductor market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe semiconductor market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe semiconductor industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.