The global fabry disease market size reached US$ 1.88 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.88 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.26% during 2023-2028. The increasing number of patients suffering from fabry disease and the escalating need for effective novel therapies, such as genetic and enzyme replacement therapy, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Fabry disease, or alpha galactosidase-A deficiency, represents a severe x-linked lysosomal inherited disorder that is caused by the lack of enzymes that are required to metabolize various lipid storage and fat-like components, including oils, fatty acids, and waxes. If left undiagnosed or untreated, it might result in clogging of blood vessels and tissue, progressive kidney failures, nerve damage, and even strokes. Currently, fabry disease can be treated with the support of enzyme replacement therapies (ERT) and adjunct therapy. Apart from this, it can be further diagnosed through genetic, blood, and parenteral examinations to inhibit the occurrence of kidney and heart problems. These approaches prevent the risk of developing first and second-level complications and correct underlying enzyme deficiency. Consequently, hospitals and specialty clinics widely utilize various procedures for the timely diagnosis and effective treatment of the Fabry disease.
Fabry Disease Market Trends:
The increasing number of patients suffering from fabry disease and the escalating need for precise and effective therapies, such as genetic, enzyme replacement substrate reduction, and chaperone treatments to stabilize individuals from suffering disease, are primarily driving the market growth. In line with this, the rising demand for orally administered medications and capsule for disease treatment is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the favorable initiatives being undertaken by regulatory bodies to invest in the healthcare sector for the designing of breakthrough disease treatment options are supporting the market growth. Moreover, significant technological advancements, such as the introduction of telemedicine solutions and home care settings for the diagnosis and treatment of Fabry disease, are favoring the market growth. The market is also significantly driven by the rising awareness regarding the disease. There is an increasing consciousness regarding the availability of early-stage diagnosis and multiple preventive measures amongst physicians and individuals, which is contributing to the market growth. The steadily increasing geriatric population, which is susceptible to any kind of chronic ailments, is another factor contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, an enhanced focus on the advancement of the genetic disease therapies, and continuous research and development (R&D) activities to expand treatment and medication portfolios, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global fabry disease market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, diagnosis and treatment, and end user.
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the fabry disease market based on the type. This includes Type 1, Type 2 and others.
Diagnosis and Treatment Insights:
- Blood Test
- Genetic Test
- Parenteral Test
- Enzyme Replacement Therapy
- Oral Therapy
- Adjunct Therapy
A detailed breakup and analysis of the fabry disease market based on the diagnosis and treatment has also been provided in the report. This includes diagnosis (blood test, genetic test, parental test, and others) and treatment (enzyme replacement therapy, oral therapy, adjunct therapy, and others).
End User Insights:
- Specialty Clinics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the fabry disease market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics and others. According to the report, specialty clinics accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for Fabry disease. Some of the factors driving the North America fabry disease market included the increasing prevalence of fabry disease and the ongoing approvals of advanced therapeutics by regional governments for the disorder treatment.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global fabry disease market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amicus Therapeutics, Freeline, Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd, JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd, Protalix BioTherapeutics, Sangamo Therapeutics Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Diagnosis and Treatment, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amicus Therapeutics, Freeline, Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd, JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd, Protalix BioTherapeutics, Sangamo Therapeutics Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global fabry disease market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global fabry disease market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive fabry disease markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the diagnosis and treatment?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global fabry disease market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global fabry disease market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the fabry disease market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global fabry disease market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the fabry disease industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.