According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Europe Feed Additives Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the Europe feed additives market size reached US$ 4 Billion in 2022. Feed additives refer to nutritional supplements that are added to improve the quality of animal-derived products, such as meat, milk and eggs. Belonging to various classes of molecules, compounds and organisms, they are essential in improving the performance of the animal feed. They facilitate growth and efficient reproduction in animals while improving their overall health and metabolism. They are also utilized to affect multiple physiological processes, including immune function and stress resistance. Additionally, these ingredients release antibiotics in the animal’s body that aids in fighting off any kind of bacteria present in their system. Some of the most common additives include prebiotics, probiotics, acidifiers, preservatives, emulsifiers, essential oils, coccidiostats, stabilizing agents and histomonostats.
Europe Feed Additives Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing sales of poultry products across Europe. This can be accredited to the significant developments in the poultry industry as a leading livestock segment and the shifting dietary preferences of the masses, which include steadily rising consumption of animal-based meat products. In line with this, there has also been a considerable increase in the consumption of animal-based proteins as consumers are increasingly becoming aware of the health benefits offered by these food products. Consequently, there is the growing demand for high-quality poultry products in the region, which, in turn, is increasing the sales of good quality feed additives. The market is further driven by the widespread utilization of feed additives by farmers to help in preventing the outbreak of numerous diseases among livestock. Their usage also improves the nutritional content of the products derived from animals while enhancing their value for human consumption, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. Along with this, the implementation of stringent food safety measures pertaining to dairy and meat products has led farmers to use quality animal feed additives across several countries in the region, including Spain, Germany and Poland. Furthermore, multiple players in the region are now formulating new additives that perform multiple functions for stimulating fish production capacities. They are also heavily investing to upgrade their manufacturing technologies for improving the yield and overall quality of the feed. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into synthetic and natural.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been classified into amino acids (lysine, methionine, threonine, and tryptophan), phosphates (monocalcium, dicalcium, mono-dicalcium, defulorinated, tricalcium, and other phosphates), vitamins (fat-soluble and water-soluble), acidifiers (propionic, formic, citric, lactic, sorbic, malic, acetic, and other acids), carotenoids (astaxanthin, canthaxanthin, lutein, and beta-carotene), enzymes (phytase, protease, and others), mycotoxin detoxifiers (binders and modifiers), flavors and sweeteners, antibiotics (tetracycline, penicillin, and others), minerals (potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, and others), antioxidants (BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin, and others), non-protein nitrogen (urea, ammonia, and others), preservatives (mold inhibitors and anticaking agents), phytogenics (essential oils, herbs and spices, oleoresin, and others), and probiotics (lactobacilli, streptococcus thermophilus, bifidobacteria, and yeast).
- On the basis of the livestock, the market has been classified into ruminants (calves, dairy cattle, beef cattle and others), poultry (broilers, layers and breeders), swine (starters, growers and sows), aquatic animal and others.
- Based on the form, the market has been categorized into dry and liquid.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and others.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Source, Product Type, Livestock, Form, Country
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800