The global flash memory card market reached a value of US$ 7.8 Billion in 2020. Flash memory card, also known as a storage card, refers to a storage device which uses nonvolatile semiconductor memory for the storage of data like pictures, audio, videos, documents and texts in mobile computing devices. These cards have higher-density storage capacities, require less power and can be used with several devices. Additionally, flash memory cards allow swift access and are less prone to mechanical damage. Due to their light weight and compact size, flash memory cards have become a preferred choice among consumers across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global flash memory card market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Global Flash Memory Card Market Drivers
- The increasing penetration of the internet has resulted in escalating adoption of smartphones across the globe. This, along with the popularity of social media, is providing a positive thrust to the global flash memory card market.
- The data transfer rates for reading and writing flash memory cards is much higher when compared to traditional storage media. In addition to this, these cards are compatible with most devices and do not require any external programming. The convenience offered by these cards has facilitated their adoption among consumers.
- An increase in the sales of digital cameras such as DSLRs, coupled with the growing demand for high-resolution images with near-perfect color reproduction, is accelerating the consumption of storage devices such as flash memory cards worldwide.
- Rapid urbanization, inflating expendable incomes, improving standards of living and technological advancements across the globe are some of the other factors which have contributed to the growth of the global flash memory card market.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Secure Digital (SD)
- Memory Sticks
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Compact Flash
- Picture Card
- Smart Media
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Application:
- Smart Devices
- Cameras and Camcorders
Smart devices currently account for the highest share.
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Region-wise, Asia Pacific is the biggest market for flash memory cards, accounting for the majority of the global share.
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being SanDisk, IMEC, Corsair, G.SKILL International Enterprise, Mushkin, Kingston, Samsung, SK Hynix, Toshiba, Transcend Information, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global flash memory card market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global flash memory card industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global flash memory card industry?
- What is the breakup of the global flash memory card market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the global flash memory card market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the global flash memory card market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global flash memory card market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global flash memory card market?
- What is the structure of the global flash memory card market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global flash memory card market?
- How are flash memory cards manufactured?