According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Latin America Food Enzymes Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the Latin America food enzymes market size reached US$ 187.2 Million in 2022. Food enzymes are natural proteins that act as catalysts in biochemical reactions and facilitate various processes involved in food production, processing, and preparation. They are derived from different sources, including plant, animal, and microbial origins. They help in breaking down complex molecules into simpler compounds, transforming raw ingredients into desired products, and improving the overall quality, flavor, texture, and nutritional value of food. They are used in baking to improve dough handling, fermentation processes to enhance flavors, dairy production to facilitate milk coagulation, and fruit and vegetable processing to increase juice extraction. They are also utilized in brewing, wine production, and meat tenderization. Besides this, as they reduce the need for chemical additives, the demand for food enzymes is increasing across Latin America.
Latin America Food Enzymes Market Trends:
There is a growing awareness about clean-label and natural food ingredients across Latin America. Additionally, the food and beverage (F&B) industry is witnessing rapid growth and innovation on account of the increasing focus on product differentiation, flavor enhancement, and process optimization. Along with this, food manufacturers in the region are increasingly incorporating food enzymes into product formulations to improve the quality, taste, and nutritional profile of their offerings. Furthermore, regulatory initiatives and standards are driving the adoption of food enzymes in he region. Governing agencies in the region are enforcing regulations to ensure food safety, improve labeling requirements, and enhance product quality. Moreover, technological advancements in enzyme production and extraction methods are contributing to market growth. The continuous research and development (R&D) activities are resulting in the development of more efficient and cost-effective methods for producing food enzymes and making them more accessible and affordable for food manufacturers operating in the region. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 246.5 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into carbohydrase (amylase, cellulase, lactase, pectinase, and others), protease, lipase, and others. Carbohydrase currently represents the largest market segment.
- Based on the source, the market has been categorized into microorganisms, bacteria, fungi, plants, and animals. At present, microorganisms account for the majority of the market share.
- On the basis of the formulation, the market has been classified into powder, liquid, and others. Presently, powder dominates the overall market.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into beverages, processed foods, dairy products, bakery products, confectionery products, and others. Processed foods hold the biggest market share.
- Country-wise, the market has been divided into Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Source, Formulation, Application, Country
||Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800