The global fresh food packaging market size reached US$ 137.2 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 208.7 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.77% during 2024-2032. The increasing demand for fresh food, rising consumption of seafood, and the growing health consciousness among people represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 137.2 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 208.7 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2024-2032)
Fresh food packaging comprises pouches, trays, containers, sachets, bags, and bubble wraps that are made using paper, polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, and aluminum material. It is used to pack, store and transport perishable fresh food like fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, and dairy products. It helps preserve the quality of food by preventing spoilage, rot, and decay and controlling the levels of moisture. It also aids in extending the shelf life, reducing food waste, and protecting food from contamination by bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens. At present, key players are using bio-degradable, eco-friendly, and renewable packaging solutions to reduce environmental impact. These packaging solutions are also helping brands in generating awareness about their products.
Fresh Food Packaging Market Trends:
The increasing consumption for fruits, vegetables, milk, cheese, yogurt, and other fresh food products on account of their health benefits and the expanding purchasing power of individuals represents one of the major factors driving the demand for fresh food packaging around the world. Moreover, the rising consumption of seafood, fish, and meat worldwide is influencing the market positively. It can also be attributed to the increasing number of consumers opting for lean meat and protein-rich food like salmon, tuna, crab, and shrimp in their daily diets. In addition, changing dietary patterns and the rising health consciousness among individuals is catalyzing the demand for fresh food packaging. Apart from this, there is an increase in the sales of fresh food via numerous online food delivery applications or websites on account of the rising working population, easy availability, wide catalog, doorstep delivery, and innumerable payment options. This, coupled with the growing preferences for online shopping and the requirement for efficient delivery of products, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, key players are introducing smart packaging solutions for the packaging of fresh food, which is integrated with advanced technologies, such as quick response (QR) code, sensors, barcode, radio frequency identification (RFID), and near-field communication (NFC). These advancements help detect changes in temperature, humidity, or other environmental conditions that can affect the quality of the product and improve traceability and ensure food safety.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global fresh food packaging market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on type, material, and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the fresh food packaging market based on the type. This includes rigid and flexible. According to the report, rigid represented the largest segment.
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
- Paper and Paper Board
- Polylactic Acid
A detailed breakup and analysis of the fresh food packaging market based on the material has also been provided in the report. This includes plastic (polypropylene, polyethylene, polystyrene, polyvinyl chloride, and polyethylene terephthalate), paper and paper board, bagasse, polylactic acid, and others. According to the report, plastic (polypropylene, polyethylene, polystyrene, polyvinyl chloride, and polyethylene terephthalate) accounted for the largest market share.
- Eggs, Meat and Seafood
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Dairy Products
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the fresh food packaging market based on the application. This includes eggs, meat and seafood, fruits and vegetables, and dairy products. According to the report, dairy products represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for fresh food packaging. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific fresh food packaging market included the growing adoption of a healthy diet, increasing consumption of fresh food, technological advancements, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global fresh food packaging market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amcor plc, Anchor Packaging LLC, Coveris, DS Smith plc, FFP Packaging Ltd., International Paper Company, Mondi plc, ProAmpac, Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Sonoco Products Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Fresh Food Packaging Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Plastic: Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polystyrene, Polyvinyl Chloride, Polyethylene Terephthalate
- Paper and Paper Board: Bagasse, Polylactic Acid, Others
||Eggs, Meat and Seafood, Fruits and Vegetables, Dairy Products
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amcor plc, Anchor Packaging LLC, Coveris, DS Smith plc, FFP Packaging Ltd., International Paper Company, Mondi plc, ProAmpac, Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Sonoco Products Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global fresh food packaging market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global fresh food packaging market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global fresh food packaging market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive fresh food packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the fresh food packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- Which is the most attractive material in the fresh food packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the fresh food packaging market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global fresh food packaging market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global fresh food packaging market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the fresh food packaging market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global fresh food packaging market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the fresh food packaging industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.